Anatares & Metanium (USA)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
PCSnooker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

New shimano releases

Post by PCSnooker » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:15 am

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New shimano releases

Post by igl00jx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:34 am

Looks like it.

fishingandfords
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by fishingandfords » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:06 am

Tackle trap announced it last week. I'm not as excited. I wanted a different reel to come out

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Anatares & Metanium (USA)

Post by GotJDM » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 am

Sooooo whos excited for this new introduction with the Anatares & Metanium comming to the US? ! IMO I honestly wish shimano would have introduced new US reels, there hasnt been anything too big for shimano USA lately... a bit disappointing. But this is just my two cents. What do you guys think?

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Anatares & Metanium (USA)

Post by cndbasshunter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am

GotJDM wrote:Sooooo whos excited for this new introduction with the Anatares & Metanium comming to the US? ! IMO I honestly wish shimano would have introduced new US reels, there hasnt been anything too big for shimano USA lately... a bit disappointing. But this is just my two cents. What do you guys think?
what do u mean? Chronarch CI4+ is a big move by shimano. I guess u cant please everybody.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:52 am

Would you buy one of those JDM reels instead of a Core?

GotJDM
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by GotJDM » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:53 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
GotJDM wrote:Sooooo whos excited for this new introduction with the Anatares & Metanium comming to the US? ! IMO I honestly wish shimano would have introduced new US reels, there hasnt been anything too big for shimano USA lately... a bit disappointing. But this is just my two cents. What do you guys think?
what do u mean? Chronarch CI4+ is a big move by shimano. I guess u cant please everybody.
Indeed that is a big move, but i was looking for something higher end. flagship?

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:55 am

cndbasshunter wrote: what do u mean? Chronarch CI4+ is a big move by shimano. I guess u cant please everybody.
It can't be worthy if it's not a JDM with the extra $150

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:58 am

fishingandfords wrote:Tackle trap announced it last week. I'm not as excited. I wanted a different reel to come out
The only thing new is the fact that you'll be able to purchase it in North America.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:00 am

StarTzar wrote:
cndbasshunter wrote: what do u mean? Chronarch CI4+ is a big move by shimano. I guess u cant please everybody.
With all the new, improved reels on the market, can there be such a huge difference that it makes sense to spend another $150 on a reel that does the same thing?

StarTzar
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by StarTzar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:05 am

mark poulson wrote:
StarTzar wrote:
With all the new, improved reels on the market, can there be such a huge difference that it makes sense to spend another $150 on a reel that does the same thing?
I doubt it very much.

I have tested the CI4 and it was more than adequate for me. I have one or two on my need/want list.
I'm happy with my Lew's Tounament Pro's and I still have nightmares about the price of my MGX.

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by hobobob » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:27 am

To the right person, it's worth every penny. Some people are happy driving a Kia, some go crazy tweaking a Ferrari. Luckly, at full retail, it's still cheaper than Ferrari parts. The metanium is good, but the Antares is on a whole new level, you would have to hold one to appreciate it's beauty. I am not rich, and I don't like flashy stuff, but I do appreciate fine machinery when I do see one.

I for one are very excited about the Unify global product line. If Shimano USA could bring the releasing date in line with the JDM releasing date, not the god awful sometimes after icast date, I am all for it.

Afrayedknot
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Afrayedknot » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:49 am

Does the antares have the same body as the older Calais 100 and 200 (not the DC one)?

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:56 am

Afrayedknot wrote:Does the antares have the same body as the older Calais 100 and 200 (not the DC one)?
This Antares is an update to the 200 size. The 100 size is/was referred to as the Antares AR.

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John Puckett » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:59 am

I'm feeling pretty good about these two reels, in fact I'm now going to pick up a Mentanium instead of the CH CI4+. I was able to handle both of them last Thursday while I was at my favorite tackle shop and there was just something about the Mentanium that I really liked. A Shimano rep that I've known for about 10 years just happened to be there at the same time and let me play around with his Mentanium.

Shop is suppose to have them in later this week so I'm going to swing by and pick one up as soon as they have them.