T-wing

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: T-wing

Post by beezy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:07 am

kingkong wrote:
beezy wrote: The only downside to these non-level wind reels were that you had to use your fingers to guide the line on the spool as you reel it in.
Does this mean I would have to guide the line in until the lure is near the tip of the rod?
Pretty much. That's why if you watched some saltwater videos, you will see people with their hand in front of their reel seat because they have to guide the line.

kingkong
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by kingkong » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 am

Thanks for the response beezy.

beezy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by beezy » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:55 pm

kingkong wrote:Thanks for the response beezy.
no problem. :D

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:22 am

Bass Junkie wrote:
21farms wrote:there used to be a reel that had "curtains" for a level wind that opened from the middle all the way to the sides when the cast button was depressed (can't remember the name of it). it provided totally unencumbered line flow from the spool. that never caught on. :lol:
Image The mother of the T3 :shock:
Never seen one that was called "Phantom" all the ones i bought were call " PT 10 - PT15" the PT10 had a narrow spool where the PT15 had a wide spool.
The Zero Friction Line Guide was a nice variant but was a pain in the @ss at times, if the worm gear got dirty the opened line guide would stick open on one side or the other and the drag really wasn't the best. But I was as proud as a peacock to own them!! \:D/

Jeff

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:07 pm

jwfflipper14 wrote:
Bass Junkie wrote:
21farms wrote:there used to be a reel that had "curtains" for a level wind that opened from the middle all the way to the sides when the cast button was depressed (can't remember the name of it). it provided totally unencumbered line flow from the spool. that never caught on. :lol:
Image The mother of the T3 :shock:
Never seen one that was called "Phantom" all the ones i bought were call " PT 10 - PT15" the PT10 had a narrow spool where the PT15 had a wide spool.
The Zero Friction Line Guide was a nice variant but was a pain in the @ss at times, if the worm gear got dirty the opened line guide would stick open on one side or the other and the drag really wasn't the best. But I was as proud as a peacock to own them!! \:D/

Jeff
The "phantoms" are the JDM models