Spinning Question On JDM/USDM Shimano or Daiwa

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Spinning Question On JDM/USDM Shimano or Daiwa

Post by goldrod » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

I have been looking at the review for the Steez spinning reel and the Stella, and sustain , create (?) and their JDM counter parts. My question and I know it is about preference and that is what I am wanting to know.

Why did you buy the Steez over the Stella and vice versa? What features of either reel won you over? I really like the LMS of shimano spinning reels and thought that was a brilliant idea. Up until that point, I have not seen any substanial developments in spinning reels other than material. I wonder all things being equal, rod, line , weight of the lure and speed of cast would the shimano out distance the daiwa?

I sold my sustain FE, but the spinning reel side still has my interest. I wish I had made a move on the first Create by daiwa but now with steez out and the tt.com review, it leaves me wondering which way do I go.