More info about Lews BB1

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: More info about Lews BB1

Post by mark poulson » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 am

mark poulson wrote:If you fish with the line over your finger you feel everything anyway.
Am I the only one who passes the line over their index finger on their palming hand? :shock:

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: More info about Lews BB1

Post by dragon1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:37 am

Crankbaitmaker wrote:
Glass is sensitive in its own way, especially in telegraphing the change of tip load and lure vibration. With braid, both my custom Seekers are extremely sensitive for cranks, lipless, blade baits, spinnberbaits (larger ones with 4# + size willows), Buzzjets.
With braid I will bet that your Seekers are sensitive.

Crankbaitmaker
S Glass Seekers with different scrim and resin are the best in the business for speed, weight and sensitivity...I fished the Seeker BS706 SGlass with co-poly for years, using it for 3/8 - 5/8oz spinnerbaits and shallow-mid depth cranks and I don't believe I ever missed any bites. I fished it mostly with Abu round reels as well, the IVCB 3600 Morrum and Tournament Pro 3600.

A well made SGlass blank will transmit tip vibration, and more importantly, CHANGE in tip load and vibration, better than most any graphite rod when it comes to cranking open trebles...braid or mono/co-poly/fluoro.