New member.

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
SilverGambler2200
Angler
Angler

New member.

Post by SilverGambler2200 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:45 am

Got 3 new Daiwa T3's on their way, two 7.1-1 gear ratio, and one 6.3-1 gear ratio. Also just got 3 new Daiwa Tatula Type R a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to using a couple of Daiwa casting reels, probably been 6-7 years since I have tried any Daiwa reel at all.

Been a Shimano man, mostly Curado B,D, E, and Chronarch D, SF, MG, etc. Don't got any good reason for for not buying Shimano products, some of those mentioned reels are damn near 20 years old, and still work well with regular servicing. Daiwa having such good sales on some of their products is what made me take a chance.

Guess I will find out if I have been missing out on something these last few years.

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New member.

Post by Redfish » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:21 am

Welcome to TT and there are certainly many good choices in reels these days. Use what feels comfortable in your hand has always been my motto! I will say I am partial to Daiwa though! :)