Tatula knobs with carbon handle on ryoga 1016 L!!!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula knobs with carbon handle on ryoga 1016 L!!!

Post by Frosty » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:36 am

To the OP, I would look at the RCS 1012 SV and the RCS 1000 SV spools. I actually put the 1012 spool in my Steez. I felt the 103 SV Steez spool had too strong of braking for me

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:41 pm

Lafayette wrote:It is the blackops Ryoga version ;)

Why do you paint it? Just for esthetic reason or it had some scratches?

Which kind of paint did you use?

Thanks for the pics, nice collection.
It was scratched up. picked it up cheap. Someone else painted it for me so couldn't tell you what paint it is.

Keepinitreelfishing
Angler
Angler

Post by Keepinitreelfishing » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 am

Hope the OP is still around.

Have to revive this thread to ask you a question. Looked all over Hedgehog and can't find their brand carbon handle. The only carbon cranks I find are the questionable $20 Ebay joints, or the $100+ official Daiwa ones.

If anyone has some intel on where to get a high quality curved (swayback) 100mm carbon handle I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks,

Carl / Keepin'It Reel Fishing

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Keepinitreelfishing wrote:Hope the OP is still around.

Have to revive this thread to ask you a question. Looked all over Hedgehog and can't find their brand carbon handle. The only carbon cranks I find are the questionable $20 Ebay joints, or the $100+ official Daiwa ones.

If anyone has some intel on where to get a high quality curved (swayback) 100mm carbon handle I would GREATLY appreciate it!

Thanks,

You looking to upgrade a Pluton??? If this is KIRF from youtube... You first got me into this reel doing a Pluton review. Really enjoy your work (if that's you).

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Thanks,

If you want a daiwa style recurve carbon fiber handle and don't want to spend daiwa prices then look into the basszone carbon handles on ebay. They have a handle that is a very close match.

Keepinitreelfishing
Angler
Angler

Post by Keepinitreelfishing » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:

Thanks,

You looking to upgrade a Pluton??? If this is KIRF from youtube... You first got me into this reel doing a Pluton review. Really enjoy your work (if that's you).
Yeah....its me. I'm trying to upgrade my stock Ryoga 1016 handle (80mm) up to what the OP has. I have two Tatula HD's and love those knobs, and that Hedgehog handle looked like a clone of the Daiwa RCS...at a much better price. Hedgehog got back to me and said they don't carry it anymore. Oh-well....back to the drawing board.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 am

Keepinitreelfishing wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

Thanks,

Yeah....its me. I'm trying to upgrade my stock Ryoga 1016 handle (80mm) up to what the OP has. I have two Tatula HD's and love those knobs, and that Hedgehog handle looked like a clone of the Daiwa RCS...at a much better price. Hedgehog got back to me and said they don't carry it anymore. Oh-well....back to the drawing board.
I used my Tatula HD handle on my SS/SV, looks great. Bought an extra Tatula HD handle after that. Little off topic, but I know you do breakdowns too, I realized that the Tatula HD pinion doesn't rattle (when the spool is removed) like the original Type R does, mine has been a decent reel.
Back to the other though, from Japan and occasionally eBay you can get some Daiwa ESD (extra super duralumin I think) handles that would match a Ryoga's silvery gray perfect. Only catch is that when those handles are new they can be like well over $100. I think some are even larger than 100mm also.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:31 am

DirtyD64 wrote:

Thanks,

I have 100mm HawgTech handle in my Ryoga 2020.

Keepinitreelfishing
Angler
Angler

Post by Keepinitreelfishing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:54 am

MardukFIN wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:

Thanks,

I have 100mm HawgTech handle in my Ryoga 2020.
Cool....thanks for the heads up. I was first considering the HawgTech....glad to know it fits. I guess that is their swept back design? Do you happen to have any other images? You can e-mail them if you prefer: keepinitreelfishing@gmail.com

Thanks man!

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:39 am

How about the Megabass ones? They look pretty sweet, though not cheap.