Tatula knobs with carbon handle on ryoga 1016 L!!!

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Tatula knobs with carbon handle on ryoga 1016 L!!!

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:12 am

The sv spool is an all rounder. Casts light weights very well but can handle 1 oz . The breaking system work so well you can turn the dial down to 2 and cast with minimal thumb . I have tried the spool in a tdz, my ryoga , and a monoblock and it has been a vast improvement in each reel I have tried it in. Pics added of my ryoga 1016 H
Attachments
IMAG0216_1_resized_1.jpg
IMAG0216_1_resized_1.jpg (78.39 KiB) Viewed 4851 times
IMAG0215_1_resized_1.jpg
IMAG0215_1_resized_1.jpg (74.82 KiB) Viewed 4851 times

bbretro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbretro » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:11 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:The sv spool is an all rounder. Casts light weights very well but can handle 1 oz . The breaking system work so well you can turn the dial down to 2 and cast with minimal thumb . I have tried the spool in a tdz, my ryoga , and a monoblock and it has been a vast improvement in each reel I have tried it in. Pics added of my ryoga 1016 H

Ok. You got me hooked on the sv! It will definitely be my next upgrade! Theres only one model of the spool correct?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/281323235952?nav=SEARCH

This is the one? And thank you for the pics of your reel. Look soooo nice with the rcs!!! One day...maybe after the sv!!!

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm

bbretro wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:The sv spool is an all rounder. Casts light weights very well but can handle 1 oz . The breaking system work so well you can turn the dial down to 2 and cast with minimal thumb . I have tried the spool in a tdz, my ryoga , and a monoblock and it has been a vast improvement in each reel I have tried it in. Pics added of my ryoga 1016 H

Ok. You got me hooked on the sv! It will definitely be my next upgrade! Theres only one model of the spool correct?

This is the one? And thank you for the pics of your reel. Look soooo nice with the rcs!!! One day...maybe after the sv!!!
There's an SV105 and SV1000, you'll want the 1000. There's also a new 103 deep SV spool, which I think is actually a better fit for the Ryoga. They're slightly harder to locate as they were just released, but Plat has them in stock. It's the same depth as the spool used on the new SS SV.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:52 pm

I have the steez sv 105 spool it works after removing a shim out of the non handle side plate. But I can't wait to get my hands on the deep spool

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:01 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:I have the steez sv 105 spool it works after removing a shim out of the non handle side plate. But I can't wait to get my hands on the deep spool
This is true as well. The 1000 spools work without removing the shim. They're a little cheaper too, if I am not mistaken.

I really need to buy a Ryoga, so I can try it out for myself. One of my favorite reels to look at, I can only imagine how it fishes.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:26 pm

I am looking for a 2 nd one. I have 2 Ryoga2020h reels and a monoblock evoluzion topaz my favourite is the Ryoga 1016h. With the monoblock 2nd. If I could get a Lin at a good price that would be heaven.

bbretro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbretro » Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:I am looking for a 2 nd one. I have 2 Ryoga2020h reels and a monoblock evoluzion topaz my favourite is the Ryoga 1016h. With the monoblock 2nd. If I could get a Lin at a good price that would be heaven.
wow.....all those nice reels you have.....and lin on the way? you are a lucky guy!!! =D>

bbretro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbretro » Thu May 01, 2014 2:07 am

tywithay wrote:
bbretro wrote:

There's an SV105 and SV1000, you'll want the 1000. There's also a new 103 deep SV spool, which I think is actually a better fit for the Ryoga. They're slightly harder to locate as they were just released, but Plat has them in stock. It's the same depth as the spool used on the new SS SV.
should i just wait and get the 103 then> will the gunmetal one from thee ss sv fit as well? it would b great in that color

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu May 01, 2014 7:00 am

bbretro wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:I am looking for a 2 nd one. I have 2 Ryoga2020h reels and a monoblock evoluzion topaz my favourite is the Ryoga 1016h. With the monoblock 2nd. If I could get a Lin at a good price that would be heaven.
wow.....all those nice reels you have.....and lin on the way? you are a lucky guy!!! =D>

I don't have a Lin , that is my dream reel. I am on the look out for a 2nd Ryoga 1016 though.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Thu May 01, 2014 7:27 am

bbretro wrote:
tywithay wrote:
bbretro wrote:

should i just wait and get the 103 then> will the gunmetal one from thee ss sv fit as well? it would b great in that color
The gunmetal spool would fit, and I agree it would look good. That's why I am thinking about buying a Ryoga and putting my SS SV spool in it, lol. I am not sure how to source that particular spool though. It appears the aftermarket spools are all the gold ones.

Toadslayer72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Toadslayer72 » Thu May 01, 2014 12:30 pm

Man the more I look at it, it's as simple as those knobs that are really doing it for me.

bbretro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbretro » Thu May 01, 2014 5:45 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
bbretro wrote:

I don't have a Lin , that is my dream reel. I am on the look out for a 2nd Ryoga 1016 though.
Well i hope u get it soon!!! Black jungle ?

bbretro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbretro » Thu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm

tywithay wrote:
bbretro wrote:
tywithay wrote:
bbretro wrote:

The gunmetal spool would fit, and I agree it would look good. That's why I am thinking about buying a Ryoga and putting my SS SV spool in it, lol. I am not sure how to source that particular spool though. It appears the aftermarket spools are all the gold ones.

Then you will have to get one of the gold spool for ur ss sv anyway right. Swapping stuff from reel to reel is so much fun! Lol. We are having a big tackle event here in bkk thailand. Im on my way to see if theres any of those spool up for grab! Or maybe ill just go ur way and get myself an ss sv.

bbretro
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bbretro » Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Toadslayer72 wrote:Man the more I look at it, it's as simple as those knobs that are really doing it for me.
Thank you :) try one and you will be hooked

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Thu May 01, 2014 8:35 pm

bbretro wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:
bbretro wrote:

Well i hope u get it soon!!! Black jungle ?
That would be my first choice and it's the cheapest of the Lin line up. Would love an origin but i reel rightly.