Daiwa reels are JUNK !

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa reels are JUNK !

Post by raul » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:20 am

JUST KIDDIN ´ !!!!! =))))

I got in the BC department:

2 TDZ 105H
2 TDZ 103H
1 Alphas Type F
1 Alphas R Edition
1 Alphas Itö ( technically not a Daiwa but a Megabass )
1 Zonda 68 ( tecnically not a Daiwa but a Megabass )
1 PT33SH ( oh yeah, a blast from the past )
2 Procaster PR100H
3 Airy Red Pixy

I also got several spinning reels and even got a Silvecast spincast ( my kid´s ). The only bad Daiwa reel I have ever owned was that danged computerized reel. ](*,)

It´s been a long time since my last reel purchase and I need another ( maybe a couple 8-[ ) reel, but this time I don´t want uber tackle, I want a reel I can beat the schnitz out of it without any remorse ( like I do to my beloved 200 series Curados ) and cost me less than 180 bones.

I´ve been eyeballing them Tatoolahs and I think they are what I want, I need a "slow" reel for crankin´, Alphas are fine but they don´t have much line capacity, they are kool with 10 lb but with 12+ lb the capacity plumets, so the lower IPT Tat is a got green light, the trubble is that I don´t know which one of the speedy ones to get so I was hoping you guys point me in the right direction, the question is: "regular" or Type R ? :-k

I´ve read the articles but I need some inside from the guys that have tried both, if it´s "worth" the extra $ the upgrade from regular to Type R.

Thanks !

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Daiwa reels are JUNK !

Post by hobobob » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:10 am

Raul, you are missing the infamous mustache photos. :lol:

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 am

get the Type R on Ebay for $140. I've bought two now. If you try the auction process I've seen some go for just over $110

summers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by summers » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 am

You might want to check out the sale at TW they have Daiwa T3 for $198 thats a little more then 1/2 off right now

Scorpio
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Scorpio » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:40 am

Looks kind of like my Daiwa line-up, although throw a couple zillions and a T3 in there. But the reels that caught my eye the most are your two Procaster PR100H.

I have two of those also and when the wind picks up and you want solid, dependable performance...I always reach for those. :lol:

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:06 am

Scorpio wrote: the reels that caught my eye the most are your two Procaster PR100H.
Built like tanks ( they also weight as much as a tank :-# ) but I´m not a weight weenie [-X , my old XLT Plus series Abus are quite heavy and so is my Citica D.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:26 am

Had planned on my first reel being a Curado 201E7. TW started closing out the Fuegos. Two of them wound up being my first LP b/c reels. (Had an old 5001C that I never used cuz I didn't know how to cast it.)

3 Fuegos
2 Sols
3 Zillions of different models
1 TD-Z 103H Type R
1 TD-X 100HSDF
1 TD-Z-103ML
2 Purple Alphas
1 Procaster 100HN
1TD-S 103HL
2 T3 1016
1 T3 MX1016
1 older gray Cabela's Prodigy
Plus 2 more that have slipped my mind.

Yup Daiwas suck big time. Got to be some of the worse reels I have ever used. Need to get these sold so I can replace them with Shimano and/or Lews reels. :laugh1: :big grin: