New toy on the way…

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

New toy on the way…

Post by Fishwhittler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:55 am

Just ordered myself a Daiwa T3 from Tackle Warehouse. Should be here on the 26th…I'm STOKED! \:D/

Thought about getting the Tatula Type R instead, as I could have got that for $20 less from Tackle Trap, but in the end the T3 won out because it has Magforce 3d, and because it's just plain awesome anyway.

Now the only question is how long I can hold out before the upgrades begin. :mrgreen: :roll:

Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New toy on the way…

Post by Warhawk » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:12 am

I love my T3' I have it paired with a medium light rod and 10# sufix mono. It's a 3/16 spinnerbait throwing machine!

vncnt
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by vncnt » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:51 am

Got my T3 from TW during the memorial day sale. I used it stock for a couple of trips before upgrading it. I put in boca os7 spool bearings, levelwind bearing and 2 more handle knob bearings. Transformed it into a the best casting reel I have. The extra bearings made it just a little smoother. Not a big difference. I was good stock, but is now an absolute beast with casting distance. All it needs now is a new drag star and longer handle.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:59 am

Fishwhittler wrote:Just ordered myself a Daiwa T3 from Tackle Warehouse. Should be here on the 26th…I'm STOKED! \:D/

Thought about getting the Tatula Type R instead, as I could have got that for $20 less from Tackle Trap, but in the end the T3 won out because it has Magforce 3d, and because it's just plain awesome anyway.

Now the only question is how long I can hold out before the upgrades begin. :mrgreen: :roll:
Congrats!
New T3 user myself....One thing I can say is, they cast so damn well =D>

tim3716
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tim3716 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:39 pm

I love my T3 too. I wish I had the money to get some more :lol:

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:21 pm

Fishwhittler wrote:Just ordered myself a Daiwa T3 from Tackle Warehouse. Should be here on the 26th…I'm STOKED! \:D/

A SV spool would be a fantastic start. I use a T3 SV for swim jigs, and I am super happy.

Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fishwhittler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:

A SV spool would be a fantastic start. I use a T3 SV for swim jigs, and I am super happy.
:crying: :crying: :crying: I didn't need to hear that. My wallet is aching badly. :mrgreen:

finebassfisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by finebassfisher » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:26 pm

You will probably end up with another one or wishing you bought more than one before they are no longer available

Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fishwhittler » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:09 pm

finebassfisher wrote:You will probably end up with another one or wishing you bought more than one before they are no longer available
Most likely the latter; the former is beyond my means. As it stands, I'll probably end up selling a couple of my current reels to justify this one.

Though, I actually prefer having all of my reels a bit different from each other, so one T3 should do me just fine. I'd like to get a Tatula Type R next, or perhaps the new Zillion, just to see how they compare. Also looking at the Curado I and the Chronarch Ci4+. I've handled the Chronarch once, and it left me drooling.

T3 gets here tomorrow... =P~

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:15 am

A question only. Does the line stay in contact with the upper lid once the handle is engaged and the retrieve begins?

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:25 am

mark poulson wrote:A question only. Does the line stay in contact with the upper lid once the handle is engaged and the retrieve begins?
There is a thin metal bar on the underside of the hood that stays in contact with your line during retrieve.Its function is to push the line into the central recess found on the T-wing.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:35 am

Thanks. I was wondering how the line would abrade that cap. A metal strip would protect it.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Fishwhittler wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:

:crying: :crying: :crying: I didn't need to hear that. My wallet is aching badly. :mrgreen:
:lol: I can promise it will be money well spent...the SV spools are amazing.

Warhawk
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Warhawk » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:40 pm

I picked up a T3 ballistic on ebay. It got here today, haven't fished it yet but it seems like a winner.

Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fishwhittler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:47 pm

Warhawk wrote:I picked up a T3 ballistic on ebay. It got here today, haven't fished it yet but it seems like a winner.
Congrats on your purchase! I thought about getting the T3B instead, since it's also on sale for half of what the T3 is currently going for, but in the end I figured, "you'll never find another brand-new T3 for the same price". That's what tipped the balance. May eventually get a T3B as well, and will almost definitely pick up a Tatula Type R in the not-too-distant future.

Then there's the new Zillion and some of the current Tatula variants, which are urgently calling my name… :big grin: