New toy on the way…

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New toy on the way…

Post by Fishwhittler » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:50 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fishwhittler wrote:
Gone Phishin wrote:
Fishwhittler wrote:Just ordered myself a Daiwa T3 from Tackle Warehouse. Should be here on the 26th…I'm STOKED! \:D/

Thought about getting the Tatula Type R instead, as I could have got that for $20 less from Tackle Trap, but in the end the T3 won out because it has Magforce 3d, and because it's just plain awesome anyway.

Now the only question is how long I can hold out before the upgrades begin. :mrgreen: :roll:
A SV spool would be a fantastic start. I use a T3 SV for swim jigs, and I am super happy.
:crying: :crying: :crying: I didn't need to hear that. My wallet is aching badly. :mrgreen:
:lol: I can promise it will be money well spent...the SV spools are amazing.
I believe you, I just don't like you for telling me that. :mrgreen:

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 am

Dude, what you ordered don´t matter to me, post when you alredy have it and btw, any thread without pics is worthless !!!

Thank you.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:40 am

raul wrote:Dude, what you ordered don´t matter to me, post when you alredy have it and btw, any thread without pics is worthless !!!

Thank you.
It will look something like this.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:09 am

389Maverick wrote:
raul wrote:Dude, what you ordered don´t matter to me, post when you alredy have it and btw, any thread without pics is worthless !!!

Thank you.
It will look something like this.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Similar. but not completely.

Fishwhittler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Fishwhittler » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:22 am

Raul asked for an onus of proof. This do I offer:

[Thunderclouds in the distance…]

[…rising wind…]

[…lightning far off…muffled thunderclap…]

[…LIGHTNING STRIKE!]

Photos aren't all that great, but they'll do. Included the black Citica as proof that I do indeed have the reel and didn't borrow pics from someone else. :lol:

One of the first things I thought when I took the reel out of the box is how gosh-darned short the handle is. Of course, I was comparing it with a Hawgtech 102mm swept handle, so it was bound to look a bit short. Still, I wasn't expecting it to be quite that miniscule.

Not complaining, though. The handle is fine, and the T3 has me completely won over. Took it out in the yard and messed with it, and after getting it dialed in it's simply a phenomenal caster. Effortless casts with superb casting distance, not to mention wonderful palming ergonomics…I'm in love!

Now more than ever I want MOAR T-wing! MOAR! MOAR!!!

raul
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by raul » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:52 pm

Reely nize ! Thanks for sharing ! Hope you enjoy them. =D>

slideaction
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by slideaction » Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:45 am

Sweet reel ive pondered about them before i got a current zillion. Only thing that made me side with the zillion was the hatch that would often close experiences. Cant risk that to swimbaits so went with zillion instead. Still havent used it yet and been contemplating on whether to keep or wait for new zillion. I got the cranker version. Only thing i hate is spools cost more than the curado/chronarch ones.