Parts breakdown

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
rtf
Angler
Angler

Parts breakdown

Post by rtf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:39 am

I'm just received my Alphas 103L Type F from Ichiban. Beautiful reel and fast shipping by the way. It came with a blow up of the reel and it's parts, but no numbered list with descriptions.
I emailed them and they replied that the reel Daiwa doesn't supply that with those reels. What other Alphas have similar parts and where can I obtain one of those lists. Thanks, Rick

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Parts breakdown

Post by hobobob » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:20 am

The daiwa sol should have everything that you needed.

http://www.daiwa.com/Documents/PartsDiagram/TDSOLL.pdf

rtf
Angler
Angler

Post by rtf » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:29 pm

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed. With a few exceptions, everything looks pretty much the same. I appreciate the help.

hobobob
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by hobobob » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:38 am

Aside from the handles, everything is interchangable. There are much better option than either of these handles btw if you are looking for a replacement. The alphas type f was my first jdm reel, boy it bring back memories.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:28 am

All parts are interchangeable between your reel and the Sol L, but be aware that your reel has a duralumin main gear, crank shaft and levelwind worm gear. Those same parts on the Sol are made of brass. This is where the extra weight comes from on the Sol vs. the Alphas. 8-)

rtf
Angler
Angler

Post by rtf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:02 am

Thanks guys, my main concern was identifying the parts and the part numbers should I need replacements down the roars. I will keep in mind the special shaft and gears, that was good to know.