Livre handle review???

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
angry john
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Livre handle review???

Post by angry john » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:58 am

Tons of handle options out there and most that i see are carbon. I have a USDM zillion and you know that handle is gone some time this winter before it ever hits the water. The handles on japan tackle look boss and i have an eye on the Feather 90 handle. I think i need the SCR model but i am not positive as i have never bought one of these. Give up the good info and the best place to get one. I found another site that had it as low as 146 vise 179 on japan tackle. The yen is dropping so now is the time to move!!!!

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Livre handle review???

Post by africanbass » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 pm

angry john wrote:Tons of handle options out there and most that i see are carbon. I have a USDM zillion and you know that handle is gone some time this winter before it ever hits the water. The handles on japan tackle look boss and i have an eye on the Feather 90 handle. I think i need the SCR model but i am not positive as i have never bought one of these. Give up the good info and the best place to get one. I found another site that had it as low as 146 vise 179 on japan tackle. The yen is dropping so now is the time to move!!!!
The SCR model will not work with the USDM zillions. It is for reels with the low profile handle nut (one with screw) as found on Steez, ryoga, monoblock. If you have a righty Zillion, select the R choice from the Daiwa handle section.

Thor
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Thor » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Great handles. One of the best places for manufacturers to cut costs are with the handles. Easy to reduce bearings, use cheap knobs and show zero style in casting the handles.

Livre handles are light and strong since they are machined from billet material. High end knobs with bearings. Try the C/BF on a finesse baitcaster or a monoArm for a spinning reel. Some of their stuff is a little too bling for my tastes but apparently does well in the JDM market, like that puke green Zonda 68 that I see people drooling over. Most hideous thing ever created for the fishing market.

Farnorth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Farnorth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:35 pm

I have several Livre handles and love mine. They are really well made and in the case of the feather 90 if find the knobs really comfortable unless temperatures start getting close to freezing. One thing to be said for ordering from Japan Tackle is that they service what they sell. I have wanted to move handles from one reel to another and either needed a different screw or wanted an alternate color twice now and they are more than happy to just order and send the small parts.