Why

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Why

Post by mark poulson » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:06 am

I read how emotional and defensive people get about their particular choice of reel, or rod for that matter, and I wonder why?

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Why

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:09 am

"Bearing" envy sort of like who drives the bigger truck with the bigger set hanging off the back. I always get a good laugh out of the tackle wars. Some of fun but some are brutal.

Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Gone Phishin » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:12 am

The Winter months generally see more of this as cabin fever does a number on some people.

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 am

I agree.

Now watch and see how many disagree vehemently with me on this type of thing. Only proves your point!
Last edited by Cagey on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 am, edited 5 times in total.

H8R
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by H8R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:28 am

Ford v.s Chevy
Microsoft v.s. Apple
Daiwa v.s Shimano
Xbox v.s Playstation

This question can be asked about any opposing big brands.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by tywithay » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:41 am

Nobody wants to hear someone else say their favorite thing sucks. Everyone's favorite rod or reel is the best rod/reel for the money.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:44 am

I wonder if it's in us genetically, left over from the family/clan, us vs. them thing that seems to fuel sports rivalries so fiercely?
Or is it just trying to feel good about the decisions we make concerning tackle, and taking it too far?

africanbass
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by africanbass » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:51 am

Who's going to take the bait :lol
Can't agree more, to each their own.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:53 am

I hope this post doesn't create a "grooving" issue that creates a divide among all of us here. :D But I have to agree, I love my tackle because I love it, and I don't have to post pictures of how I modified it for others approval. Someone is bound to say it sucks and in general, most of us don't like to hear that. And I will even put a Daiwa on a Shimano or vice versa without losing sleep. ;) For that, I must be getting coal for Christmas...but I already have a ZPI "Carbon" fiber bin in metallic red to house it in and my coal stove feeder is rocking ABEC7's under the hood! :)

Dink Dawg
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dink Dawg » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:13 am

When you figure this out you shall have achieved true self enlightenment. =D>

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:18 am

Sitting in your warm house while its 25 degrees out and snowing, drinking a cold beer and reading that "shimano vs daiwa" thread is always good for a laugh :) :)

ps: the anodized blue knobs on my Conquest guarantee a double digit bass for 2015 :laugh1:

Cagey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Cagey » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:26 am

Big-Bass wrote:I hope this post doesn't create a "grooving" issue that creates a divide among all of us here.
Sad to say but from my experience I think the divide is already there.
Last edited by Cagey on Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

a1712
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by a1712 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:35 am

I use 8 Lew's Team Gold's all tuned and they sit on custom Big Bear Rods. I like when I pick one up off the deck they all feel exactly the same and they didn't cost me a fortune. I've wanted a high end Combo to play with and my wife made it happen for my Christmas gift. She got me a LIN Black Jungle and a Destroyer X7 Bearingdown to put it on. I could careless what anyone thinks of my dream combo, to me it's the greatest Rod and Reel ever placed upon the earth. For a wife, who could care a less about fishing, to do this for her husband unaided. I'll cherish it forever. I do enjoy looking at the pimped out reels and the thought process that goes into them and would never knock a mans equipment. Pimp on, Brian.

the hooligan
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by the hooligan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 am

a1712 wrote:I use 8 Lew's Team Gold's all tuned and they sit on custom Big Bear Rods. I like when I pick one up off the deck they all feel exactly the same and they didn't cost me a fortune. I've wanted a high end Combo to play with and my wife made it happen for my Christmas gift. She got me a LIN Black Jungle and a Destroyer X7 Bearingdown to put it on. I could careless what anyone thinks of my dream combo, to me it's the greatest Rod and Reel ever placed upon the earth. For a wife, who could care a less about fishing, to do this for her husband unaided. I'll cherish it forever. I do enjoy looking at the pimped out reels and the thought process that goes into them and would never knock a mans equipment. Pimp on, Brian.
Thats an awesome wife and christmas present =D>

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:39 am

a1712 wrote:I use 8 Lew's Team Gold's all tuned and they sit on custom Big Bear Rods. I like when I pick one up off the deck they all feel exactly the same and they didn't cost me a fortune. I've wanted a high end Combo to play with and my wife made it happen for my Christmas gift. She got me a LIN Black Jungle and a Destroyer X7 Bearingdown to put it on. I could careless what anyone thinks of my dream combo, to me it's the greatest Rod and Reel ever placed upon the earth. For a wife, who could care a less about fishing, to do this for her husband unaided. I'll cherish it forever. I do enjoy looking at the pimped out reels and the thought process that goes into them and would never knock a mans equipment. Pimp on, Brian.
awesome wife...

still waiting for my wife to get me a Black Jungle and a X7.....