ARB fix chronarch

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

ARB fix chronarch

Post by lifeofRiley » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:07 pm

I bought 2 chronarch 50mg's for 200. One of them has a clutch roller bearing that fails occasionally. Is there a way to fix the bearing? Just figured id try that before ordering the new bearing for $11

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ARB fix chronarch

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 pm

If it isn't actually broken or missing a roller it might just have too much grease on it causing it to slip. Take the roller bearing apart and wipe everything down along with the crank sleeve (I think this reel has one) and put it back together and see if it makes a difference.

DaveJ
Last edited by IlliniDawg01 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rubs96
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: ARB fix chronarch

Post by rubs96 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Mine had very very very very very - you get my point - minimal drag so I stopped using it after only a few handful of outings. Well, this summer I finally sent it in (and my Calais as well) and Shimano replaced a few parts. Both are excellent now.

It could simply be the grease or it could be something more but once resolved, the reel is fantastic.