Smoothest Baitcaster

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Smoothest Baitcaster

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:56 am

12 Antares. The newer conquests are nice too
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:29 am

The JDM og Zillion was the smoothest reel I've owned. 2nd would be the IP 68.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 am

IP68 is my smoothest for sure. My Revo Elite IB gen 3 is not far behind the IP68 but it's brand new. We'll see how smooth it is in comparison to the IP after some miles.

My camo IS73 may be the most smooth but I don't even have a handle on that thing yet so it's hard to tell.

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Cristo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:05 am

My old '13 Met was hard to beat. Out of the box just a pristine piece of machinery at least in my specimen. Very smooth retrieve casting was also very smooth.

I would say out of my current reel lineup my tdz ito, hedgehog Zonda, plx type r as well as the '10 lariat (the all black with subtle purple hightlights 7.1 gears) and IS63 racing illusion are top notch.

I have others that are sweet but the ones that I've mentioned up above have been the smoothest.

Oddly the galaxy red lariat doesn't feel as refined. I may just have to take her apart and give it a good service.

Have to say the specimen I had for the conquest the one before the 14 came out was not that great in that category. I ended up selling her off. it was a 101 still a bada** reel but just wasn't what I thought it was going to be. Probably just off specimen as shimano's normally been super awesome for me.

TahoeDust
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by TahoeDust » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:25 pm

'14 Conquest all day...next best for me is the '13 Met. Micro Module gears are smoooooooth...

OhioChamp183
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by OhioChamp183 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:43 am

Zebco 202 baby!!!

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dug » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:31 pm

For me it has to be my 05 Pixy with every possible upgrade made and oiled greased and polished to perfection. If I was told of all the reels I have, that I could only keep one, well I would argue against that first of all, but bottom line is it's my favorite reel, smooth casting, smooth drag, smooth retrieve. and the one I would keep.

Dug