Tatula HLC

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Tatula HLC

Post by spookybaits » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:33 am

Anybody have one?
Been contemplating getting one of the new zillions/tatulas- I'm leaning towards this one.
Wondering if it really casts farther...

They look cool, and the price is right. :-k

timsford
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tatula HLC

Post by timsford » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Id like to know a little more about this reel too, but info is hard to find or i cant understand japanese. Especially the spool. Is it the same size spool as the regular tat and type r or us it different? Also what is the spool weight and inductor type? If it bombs lures like the og zillion hlc spool id be very interested in purchasing at least the spool. I like my tats but its starting to get a little confusinf with all the different variations. And thats just the ones with the tatula name. If you throw in the tat-zillion and new tat-fuego i dont know where to start. Whats next a tat-advantage or a tat-sol. Oh wait a minute, theres already a tat-sol. If daiwa releases a tat-tdz im going have to think about a switch to shimano lol.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:24 pm

All I can find on it is the standard description & spool weights-

Tatula spool: 17.5g
Tatula type R spool: 16.2g
Tatula HLC spool: 16g
Daiwa Tatula 100/103 reels. This spool is to cast the longest for heavier than 1/2oz rigs. The brake rotor spring is 4 times stronger than regular spools, making it emitting far less brake force than regular spools. G1 duralumin material is employed. Spool dia 34mm, weight 16g, 16lb(0.330mm) -90m/100yds. Doesn't fit to Tatula 150 models.
Hedgehog has a video where they talk about it, but it's in Japanese.

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:46 pm

Here is some info on the Tat HLC spool.

http://japantackle.com/tuning-parts/spo ... daiwa.html

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:10 pm

I bought one about couple weeks ago.
Here is the thread with pics
http://forums.tackletour.com/viewtopic. ... &hilit=HLC

HLC spool weight - 15.5g

I don't know if Tatula HLC would outcast standard Tatula, right now my T3 SV, or FX68 with SV spool can outcast that Daiwa HLC by 10 yards on LongDistance mode using 3/4Oz weight (round ball).
I still haven't received premium bearings for HLC, maybe that will shorten the gap.

k3fishing
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by k3fishing » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:18 pm

Both spools specs say they don't fit the tatula 150, what is the 150? Is it the HD? Also noticed that the line cap. Is based on 16lb line not 12lb. That's a little different, I'm also wondering if the line guide from the new Fuego will fit the tatulas so we would have the option to get rid of the TWS. Just to have the option would be cool.