You guys got me thinking on a new shimano spinning reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

You guys got me thinking on a new shimano spinning reel

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 am

I read the post about a guy looking at a $300 or less spinning reel and it got me thinking. I was about to go to cabelas tomorrow and grab another 2500ci4+. I have one and am very happy with it. Most people I've talked to say it's a better reel than the new stradic fk. Now I'm wondering if I should order the 2500 twin power. I only fish freshwater, bass and walleyes. Mostly use 10 to 20lb. Braid or 6 to 8 pound mono. Found one site listing spool capacity for the twin power but it was in meters. The spool looked a little shallow in some of the pictures.

suprteck
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: You guys got me thinking on a new shimano spinning reel

Post by suprteck » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Have you checked out the Pflueger Patriarch XT? I own a shimano Ci4+ and just ordered the Pflueger. Seems like it has lots of good reviews. Just another option...

bigfruits
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by bigfruits » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:38 am

i dont know, those Ci4s are so smooth and light that i dont feel the desire to buy anything else. get a metanium instead ;)

one meter is about 1.1 yards

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 pm

suprteck wrote:Have you checked out the Pflueger Patriarch XT? I own a shimano Ci4+ and just ordered the Pflueger. Seems like it has lots of good reviews. Just another option...
How's the Patriarch XT? Same old Pflueger? No local retailers carry it for me to see it.

Rick

fishballer06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishballer06 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:57 am

The new FK is certainly a nice reel. I don't own a ci4, so I can't compare the two. Honestly, I don't think you'll be let down by either reel.

Add 10% to convert meters to yards.
Example - 100 m is about 110 yards.