New Curado 70

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
NormanD
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: New Curado 70

Post by NormanD » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:19 am

DavidSA wrote:OK, now that we have a little more info about the 70, what does it replace in your current Shimano line-up or what might it be selected over on a future Shimano purchase???? I was trying to think about if or how I might fit one in. It appears to come in both a HG and XG version which provides more opportunity.

- I was thinking about a Alderbaron but not sure if it would have the power to throw spinnerbaits, buzzbaits in addition to topwaters. Seems the 70 could play but the price is adding almost 2 oz to the reel.

- I could see where the 70 might eliminate say a Chronarch Ci4 on the basis of similar line capacity, same weight and slightly smaller profile.

- It is hard for me to envision picking a 70 XG over a Met XG. I can see where the 70 would be economical.

- If I was considering a Curado I for plastics (I'm not) I can see where the 70 would be better for pitching apps.

For me personally I like the looks of this reel but I don't know that I will end up owning one.
Looks nice, but I don't think I will end up with one either. Aldebarans and Metaniums. And, it is all Tackle Tour's fault.

bereta1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bereta1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:10 pm

Anyone know the IPT. TKU

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:14 pm

bereta1 wrote:Anyone know the IPT. TKU
hg: 28"
xg: 32"

bereta1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bereta1 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:15 pm

cndbasshunter wrote:
bereta1 wrote:Anyone know the IPT. TKU
hg: 28"
xg: 32"
TKU

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by jpd0144 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:34 am

Instead of reading 11 pages I'll do this the lazy way :lol:

Anyone know if the SVS will be like what is used on the 200i or the newer style SVS we've been seeing ?

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:28 am

jpd0144 wrote:Instead of reading 11 pages I'll do this the lazy way :lol:

Anyone know if the SVS will be like what is used on the 200i or the newer style SVS we've been seeing ?
Its going to be the new style. Whether it will be an improvement over the current design im not so sure yet.

ibobpeb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ibobpeb » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:13 am

Anyone know if this will come in a light spool for BFS applications?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:31 am

Bootytrain wrote:

Its going to be the new style. Whether it will be an improvement over the current design im not so sure yet.
i sure hope it's an improvement.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:58 am

Chode wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

The Casitas has the new style brakes and it is a great caster. I doubt shimano will release something new if it doesn't have a tangible benefit.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:02 am

Bootytrain wrote:
Chode wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

The Casitas has the new style brakes and it is a great caster. I doubt shimano will release something new if it doesn't have a tangible benefit.
do u know if the raceway has to be relubed every few outings? i'm in the camp that even though it takes a few secs to do, i'd rather have a reel that requires less maintenance.

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:02 am

Bootytrain wrote:
Chode wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

The new style svs will be present in all new shimano reels

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:20 am

Chode wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Chode wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

do u know if the raceway has to be relubed every few outings? i'm in the camp that even though it takes a few secs to do, i'd rather have a reel that requires less maintenance.
If having to oil the brake drum every once in awhile if it makes noise bothers you to the point where it takes precedence over superior performance? then yeah you may want to look elsewhere

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:05 am

taht's good to know cause there's just too many good reels in the market these days to have to deal with that. shimano is a great company but they're not the end all be all when it comes to superior reels

ibobpeb
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by ibobpeb » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:23 am

So the JDM Scorpion 70/71 is now available for preorder at most Japanese online stores for $189, whereas the Curado 70/71 is available for preorder here in the states for $199. Hmmm, decisions decisions...

OR

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hulkster » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:32 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Chode wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:

The new style svs will be present in all new shimano reels
can the newer white brakes used in the Casitas be used in the Curados? just curious. I just picked up a Curado 200iPG this weekend. can't wait to use it. sorry if this is a thread hijack. but I would love to know.