Daiwa Tatula OR Shimano Citica CI200I

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Jayyyy916
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Tatula OR Shimano Citica CI200I

Post by Jayyyy916 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm in the market for a new bait caster, and I'm stuck between the two. Which one would be the better option guys?

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula OR Shimano Citica CI200I

Post by new2BC4bass » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Never owned a Citica. Do own Curados and Chronarchs. Do own Tatulas. I'm going to guess it will all boil down to personal preference. One of those cases where you can't go wrong. Should be someone along shortly with experience with both to give a better opinion. I will admit to leaning more towards the Tatula, but also must admit that the majority of my reels are Daiwas.

Of course, I could be a little different than most. When I want to toss light lures, I would rather grab a Daiwa than a Shimano.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:08 am

This is basically the Curado I vs Tatula R debate all over again.

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Place both reels on the rod of your choice. See which one feels the most comfortable to palm. Buy that one. ;)

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:47 am

Depends on the application I think... if you've used Daiwas and/or Shimanos before, do you have a typical preference between the two in general? There are some fundamental differences between Shimano and Daiwa and some prefer one or the other.. magnetic vs centrifugal braking, etc. I own both of these reels and love them both, besides the infamous screeching sound that the Curado I makes on the cast. If it didn't make that noise, it'd be Curado I hands down for me, but since it does, I now own 3 Tatulas and only 1 Curado I. I keep working with the Curado to see if I can make it stop making the noise, no real luck yet. But i'll keep trying, because it could be awesome without it. Otherwise, the Tatula is a larger frame and heavier, so it will be a little more difficult to palm and not as light/comfortable. However, the Tatula is extremely smooth and built like a tank. It's a really great casting reel as well. The Curado I is smaller, lighter, and lower profile on the reel seat/easier to palm. It casts great as well other than the noise. It is also really smooth and powerful on the retrieve. Good luck with your decision!

Justin

Antonese
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Antonese » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:32 am

my vote goes to the citica. Basically a Curado.
Can't go wrong with Tat but larger profile if you like that

bmlum
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by bmlum » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:51 pm

Id say the citica. Ive fished with both the curado and citica and cant tell the difference in hand