New Steez TWS

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: New Steez TWS

Post by 389Maverick » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:58 pm

africanbass wrote:You make some very valid points
The best would be to give one the choice.
A SV TWS zillion made in Thailand for say 40000 yen and a Japanese model for say 60000 yen
Just call the Japanese model a Steez :D
Wouldn't that render the actual Steez TW as an epiphany? :big grin:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:18 am

i guess i'm in the minority...can't wait to get my hands on one

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:44 am

africanbass wrote:I still can't believe the 'country of origin' hang ups.Daiwa has been manufacturing top end high quality products in their Thailand factory for ages now.
Rod manufacturers simply fail to label their blanks with a country of origin,that seems to be ok :lol:
Amen to that!! I don't have a problem with "made in where ever" If I get a bad reel I simply won't buy another. Some of the best rods I've used came from China or Thailand. So it isn't a problem for me. JMO

Jeff

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:11 am

Chode wrote:i guess i'm in the minority...can't wait to get my hands on one
I'm with you. A t wing sv spool under 6 oz is a no brainer for me. I got a 2015 zbone that it would look awesome on

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:34 am

Hennessy wrote:
I'm with you. A t wing sv spool under 6 oz is a no brainer for me. I got a 2015 zbone that it would look awesome on
There is already an SV reel with the T Wing, T3 SV. It might weigh a little more but you gain the 3D braking system.

jwfflipper14
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by jwfflipper14 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:44 am

Hennessy wrote:
It definitely will go great with the zbone!! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Jeff

DirtydeucegooseUSMC
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by DirtydeucegooseUSMC » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:36 am

JWR075 wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
There is already an SV reel with the T Wing, T3 SV. It might weigh a little more but you gain the 3D braking system.
Maybe he just doesn't like the hood on the T3? :confused:

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:25 am

DirtydeucegooseUSMC wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
Haha u said it before i did

JWR075
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by JWR075 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:12 pm

JWR075 wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
Could be but my point is the Steez is not the first with these features. Also if one can handle a heavy weight 7oz reel then they can save cash and get the new TW SV Zillion.

Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Hennessy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Chode wrote:
JWR075 wrote:
Hennessy wrote:
Haha u said it before i did
definitely don't like the HOOD,lol. Whole reel is pretty fugly to me. UNDER 6oz is the main reason for the steez. All my nrx & zbone rods that weigh 3+ oz have 5+ oz size reels on em & the steez t wing is the ONLY option

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by cndbasshunter » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Hennessy wrote:definitely don't like the HOOD,lol. Whole reel is pretty fugly to me. UNDER 6oz is the main reason for the steez. All my nrx & zbone rods that weigh 3+ oz have 5+ oz size reels on em & the steez t wing is the ONLY option
LOL. The reel isn't even out yet.

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:52 am

I can't wait to get my hands on them either. I'm a Daiwa guy and whatever they make I will end up getting. If they make something I don't like I just move on to a different reel. I have my variations of reels but I can always use more.

There is another reel coming out that I'm looking forward to as well. :-$ :-$

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:59 am

I would be really surprised if this reel isn't made in Japan. I don't think the Japanese will allow a "flagship reel" to be made in China. It's not that good things can't be made in China or Thailand, but I think most will agree that it happens a lot less. You might as well build it in the Japan or the U.S. by the time you have to hire extra quality control help to stand over the operation. My luck has not been good with Chinese made tackle products or anything else.
I'm on the fence with the looks of this reel (It's all damn subjective anyway) because the fit in my hands and performance are most important. I look forward to fishing this reel.
As for the TWS, it's not earth shattering, but the Daiwa staffers all seem to think it gives them an edge. I'm not about to use a Steez for heavy pitching duties, but the TWS on Tatula Type-R is nice and effortless at the cast start-up.

389Maverick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by 389Maverick » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:51 am

The Steez TW would cost me 800$ cnd after taxes, that's insinuating it will be 500$ US.
As much as I'd love one, that ain't happening anytime soon lol, but look forward to the reviews.

biggs
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by biggs » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:04 am

Why Mav? Why?? :big grin: