new Tatula CT

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
skunked
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: new Tatula CT

Post by skunked » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Got my 8.1 Type-R today! Feels and looks awesome! I'm gonna flush the bearings and put some line on it tomorrow. 16 more 4x7x2.5 knob bearings on order for several of my reels, so I think this will soon be one of my fav reels.
Last edited by skunked on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rgbtr196le
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rgbtr196le » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Awesome looking Type R....looking forward to getting mine soon.

lil_man72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lil_man72 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:20 am

brighamvang wrote:
Chode wrote:
LAGVPI99 wrote:After a few backyard test casts this is the best casting reel I have ever thrown. Beats the reg type R tat easily.
in what way does it beat the reg type r?
Samething different package.
Lighter spool should throw lighter baits farther and easier...
Smaller package....

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:30 am

lil_man72 wrote:
brighamvang wrote:
Chode wrote:
LAGVPI99 wrote:After a few backyard test casts this is the best casting reel I have ever thrown. Beats the reg type R tat easily.
in what way does it beat the reg type r?
Samething different package.
Lighter spool should throw lighter baits farther and easier...
Smaller package....
well he said after a few casts in the backyard it beat out the reg tat r easily so I'm curious as to how he came to this conclusion. If it's light baits, i can understand with the lighter spool but if it's something else i'd like to know

Loafer
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Loafer » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:15 am

By the way, our chineese friends from aliexpress beginning to sell it.
135.99$ for Tatula CT: http://ali.pub/m9364
179.99$ for Tatula CT Type-R: http://ali.pub/i217k
Freeshipping.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:57 pm

Oleg wrote:real owners -tell me what is the weight of the spool tatula CT .
And drum diameter (17mm?)
When you say drum, do you mean the magnetic inductor Oleg? I think that must be what you mean. If so, I'm pretty sure it will be the same as all the other Daiwa inductors, I can't really see them changing that diameter.

lil_man72
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lil_man72 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:22 pm

I have a ct and a ct type r... picked them up from ups Friday and fished them yesterday...
So far I'm liking them but going out again today and plan on getting a better feel for them..
The type r just looks bad ass, way better in person
I have different knobs, handles and drag stars on the way for these reels
So far I can't tell a difference on casting between the two but the type r does have a lighter spool so I should cast lighter baits easier..
I tried my 1/8th oz. Crappie jig with these and they will cast it just not as far as a bfs spool will but surprised me..
They feel a lot smaller than the older model tatula but still not as small as say the pixy/alphas platform, shimano 50 series reels, or 13 fishing reels which feel and look like the shimano 50 series to me..

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:26 am

lil_man72 wrote:I have a ct and a ct type r... picked them up from ups Friday and fished them yesterday...
They feel a lot smaller than the older model tatula but still not as small as say the pixy/alphas platform, shimano 50 series reels, or 13 fishing reels which feel and look like the shimano 50 series to me..
I agree. It's a big improvement, but it still feels bigger than the other compact platforms. Need to get some more time on the water to form a better opinion.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:19 am

sarcazmo wrote:
lil_man72 wrote:I have a ct and a ct type r... picked them up from ups Friday and fished them yesterday...
I agree. It's a big improvement, but it still feels bigger than the other compact platforms. Need to get some more time on the water to form a better opinion.
It really isn't a compact platform though, as it is a 100 size reel. It is just more compact than the original Tatula.

DaveJ

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Oleg wrote:no I mean the diameter of the drum where the line snapped ...
Gotcha, I misunderstood what you meant.

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Sun May 01, 2016 6:00 am

any new on the water experience with these reels now that people have gotten their hands on them?

IAY
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by IAY » Sun May 01, 2016 8:58 am

Loafer wrote:By the way, our chineese friends from aliexpress beginning to sell it.
135.99$ for Tatula CT: http://ali.pub/m9364
179.99$ for Tatula CT Type-R: http://ali.pub/i217k
Freeshipping.
Wow they must be not located in China. The mark up stuff gets due to tariffs are absolutely insane, good 70-80% msrp.

sarcazmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by sarcazmo » Sun May 01, 2016 11:36 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
sarcazmo wrote:
It really isn't a compact platform though, as it is a 100 size reel. It is just more compact than the original Tatula.

DaveJ
I agree. I've just become finicky. 90% of my fishing is for bass and I just don't need a ton of line. I've grown very fond of my 50 series chronarchs and curados. I have yet to try the 70.

I really enjoy this reel, its a tremendous value. Got mine for ~150 off that auction site. Wish Daiwa would come out out with a true compact platform in this price range. (Not to change the subject but would the alphas fit that bill?)

Bassmar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bassmar » Sun May 01, 2016 3:08 pm

Is there a JDM equivalent of the Tatula CT?

Chode
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Chode » Fri May 06, 2016 4:09 am

Bassmar wrote:Is there a JDM equivalent of the Tatula CT?
if there is, i can't find it on any of my usual jdm sites