Curado E vs Curado I

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado E vs Curado I

Post by Frosty » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:56 am

^^nothing's wrong with a little shore fishing. BootyTrain is sanctimonious and ignorant, which makes him twice as annoying and hypocritical. So tired of seeing him tell everyone how to cast
Last edited by Frosty on Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:22 am

Wow Frosty you hit triple digits with this thread. Welcome to TT!
I see you are attempting to take up Thor's vacant throne. As aggravating as he was, he was twice as smart as you. You have chosen a tough row to hoe. Your initial "mommy" comment was the first shot fired, unless you are so insecure that you consider a dissenting experience as an offensive action.

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:59 am

BucketHunter wrote:Wow Frosty you hit triple digits with this thread. Welcome to TT!
I see you are attempting to take up Thor's vacant throne. As aggravating as he was, he was twice as smart as you. You have chosen a tough row to hoe. Your initial "mommy" comment was the first shot fired, unless you are so insecure that you consider a dissenting experience as an offensive action.
You have some messed up baramoter for intelligence when a guy with a master's degree is dumb :lol: I don't know Thor, but I would guess he had a hard time dealing with two "geniuses" like you guys :-$ I imagine you're both BBC regulars, and both proud holder's of a GED lol. Find someone else to troll. I simply reported what happened with my reel...then booty trolled in like he always does. Have a nice night :roll:

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:55 am

Frosty wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
Frosty wrote:I guess posting gear reports isn't the purpose of this forum :lol: ;) . I'm thinking this is a BBC poster. I won't be taking advice from someone who's handle is "BootyTrain" :talk hand:
So you claim to have "stripped" the gears(without opening up the reel so see if that really happened) and you wont be buying another(who cares?) But instead of making a thread in the Shimano support forum you choose to spam it in as many threads as you can(and more than likely different forums). I dont recall ever giving you any advice,you posted your experience and I replied with mine, you got your thong twisted :lol: But what could one expect from a "Frosty"?
Lmao go back and read your response. I posted what happened to mine on its third trip, and you trolled me. And no, I don't post in other forums, unlike you I have better things to with my time. You know things like work, not living in my mom's basement, not giving casting lessons to everyone on the forum... :lol: :-$ :sick:

And no I didn't open it up, it's a brand new reel. Whether it's the clutch, gears, whatever...it got sent back. Tear yours down if it floats your boat, oh wait that's right you're the dude who shore fishes public parks and kiddie ponds :lol: :lol:
Get on BT or any person you want to thats fine =D> but dont hate shore fishing public parks [-( ;)

lmbfisherman
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by lmbfisherman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:10 pm

Actually didn't think BT's post was trolling. I think you reacted to quIckly. Let us know what Shimano did to fix it.

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Frosty wrote:
BucketHunter wrote:Wow Frosty you hit triple digits with this thread. Welcome to TT!
You have some messed up baramoter for intelligence when a guy with a master's degree is dumb :lol: I don't know Thor, but I would guess he had a hard time dealing with two "geniuses" like you guys :-$ I imagine you're both BBC regulars, and both proud holder's of a GED lol. Find someone else to troll. I simply reported what happened with my reel...then booty trolled in like he always does. Have a nice night :roll:
Im glad I got under your skin Frosty the trollman lol Wow a master's degree? It's not like they don't hand those out I'm community colleges like tic tacs... these days its the equivalent to a participation medal in the special Olympics lol but I guess thats why you have one, your parents must be proud =D>

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Frosty » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Bootytrain wrote:
Frosty wrote:
Im glad I got under your skin Frosty the trollman lol Wow a master's degree? It's not like they don't hand those out I'm community colleges like tic tacs... these days its the equivalent to a participation medal in the special Olympics lol but I guess thats why you have one, your parents must be proud =D>
So you think you can get a master's at a community college :lol: Yup you never went to college :talk hand:

And sorry to the rest of the board. I will ignore ignorant posters from now on. :talk hand:

John G
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by John G » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:34 pm

I was surprised to read on Facebook that the I does not appear to hold up to heavy fishing compared to the E.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:45 am

Frosty wrote:
Absolutely spot on! I would expect no less =D>

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:53 am

Wait...is this Thor?

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:42 am

BucketHunter wrote:Wait...is this Thor?
I smell bs.... trent_bs

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:44 am

John G wrote:I was surprised to read on Facebook that the I does not appear to hold up to heavy fishing compared to the E.
This video should squash all the bs about the I not holding up to heavy fishing or "stripped gears"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfcBo8JqWwU

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:37 am

First to Frosty, insulting people's intelligence and or insinuating ones work or lifestyle is not a way to make friends here. You have a masters degree, congrats so do I and so does everyone on my team since it is required in this role along with a whole host of tech certifications. I am the only one who knows anything about fishing on my team even though they all have a masters as well. Guess what that means? When it comes to fishing gear the degree doesn't really amount to much. Many of the members here have forgotten more about fishing than I will ever know, no matter what degree I have or obtain. So try to play nice.

Now to the question E vs I, as time moves on I am starting to favor the I over the E. The 200I is more comfy to my hands and I believe is smoother under load than the 200E. The brake system requires a bit more maintenance than the E but its easy to me to add a drop of oil every few trips out, and the extra tuning capability is nice. I haven't had any issues with the gears in either unless I did something to them myself (I've dropped a few off the workbench) so I think either will last you a long time.

metanium
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by metanium » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:34 am

Bootytrain wrote:
John G wrote:I was surprised to read on Facebook that the I does not appear to hold up to heavy fishing compared to the E.
This video should squash all the bs about the I not holding up to heavy fishing or "stripped gears"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfcBo8JqWwU
Lake Fork Guy...........Yes! That's awesome!