Advice on selling used reels

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
mikey
Angler
Angler

Advice on selling used reels

Post by mikey » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:11 am

How have you successfully sold used reels? My situation is that I have two Shimano Calcutta TE 101GT's that I am not using.
Life/circumstance has caused me to not need them now. I believe that TT rules are you need 100 post before you can list them
on the site. I don't meet this qualification. My post count before the crash is gone and I haven't been active lately.
Thanks for your help.

Also, how did you determine a fair price?

Mikey

cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Advice on selling used reels

Post by cndbasshunter » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:15 am

check ebay or TT history

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:17 am

You might try Bass Boat Central's forum (BBC), lot of TT members sell there, also.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:21 am

BigG wrote:You might try Bass Boat Central's forum (BBC), lot of TT members sell there, also.
Yup thats a good place to sell. I sell what seems like 4-5 reels a week :shock: :lol: BBC has a lot of traffic. To gauge prices check what the last ones sold for on Ebay and also check here on TT and on BBC to see if some are sitting or sold and at what prices.

mitchct
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by mitchct » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:59 am

mikey wrote:How have you successfully sold used reels? My situation is that I have two Shimano Calcutta TE 101GT's that I am not using.
Life/circumstance has caused me to not need them now. I believe that TT rules are you need 100 post before you can list them
on the site. I don't meet this qualification. My post count before the crash is gone and I haven't been active lately.
Thanks for your help.

Mikey
I believe you are grandfathered since you were a member prior to the crash, so you may be able to sell in the Classifieds even without 100 posts. That used to be the situation anyhow, and as far as I know it is still in effect. Give it a try and see what happens.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:33 am

BigG wrote:You might try Bass Boat Central's forum (BBC), lot of TT members sell there, also.
I use this site for selling reels, and thats pretty much it. The rest of the site (especially the LOUNGE) seems to be a joke. Just a bunch of know it alls and grown babies. :lol:

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:12 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
I use this site for selling reels, and thats pretty much it. The rest of the site (especially the LOUNGE) seems to be a joke. Just a bunch of know it alls and grown babies. :lol:
You mean you don't go to the lounge and pad your post every.
Last edited by BigG on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:32 am

BigG wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
You mean you don't go to the lounge and pat your post every.
I do, usually just to stir the pot :lol:

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 am

Teal101 wrote:
BigG wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
You mean you don't go to the lounge and pat your post every.
I do, usually just to stir the pot :lol:
Youre one of them. :lol: It can make for a good read when bored. Some of the bickering is quite humorous sometimes. :lol:

Markanthony404
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Markanthony404 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:47 am

mikey wrote:How have you successfully sold used reels? My situation is that I have two Shimano Calcutta TE 101GT's that I am not using.
Thanks for your help.

Mikey
I own 5 of those Calcutta TE's, 3 of which were bought on ebay. This is the best time of year to sell. I normally buy more rods/reels online in the fall and winter, (reels sell for much cheaper in the colder months).
I have seen those TE''s fetch over $300 on ebay, it all depends on condition and if you have the box. If they are beat up expect $150-$200. Ebay would be my choice. Good Luck

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:05 am

BBC is your best bet for selling. I've found it to be a good place to buy as well. Like the others I only buy/sell there pretty much, or post in the fishing techniques and rod/reel sections.

mikey
Angler
Angler

Post by mikey » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Thank you for your advice. BBC looks like the place to go.

Mikey

r61
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by r61 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:43 pm

Those are reels that definately have a cult following, and they are "heirloom" quality reels. The GT model is key. Quotes given above on what you should expect to get $ are very accurate imo

mikey
Angler
Angler

Post by mikey » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:55 am

I should be in pretty good shape. One is NIB. The other has 25(?) hours experience. DR ( for you old timers ) put
Boca ABEC 7's in both. Have the boxes, bags, papers and original bearings. Thanks again.

Mikey

TFOUR
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by TFOUR » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:37 pm

I usually use craigslist or fishing 4 sale pages on facebook.