Line guide replacement for Daiwa Alphas SV SHL

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
murasame
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Line guide replacement for Daiwa Alphas SV SHL

Post by murasame » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Im aware that i can replace the line guide of this reel with similar ones of the alphas/pixy series, but which one will look the best in your opinion? I just find the red guide a bit awkward...
Also, if i wanted to change the handle and the knobs (the aluminium type) which colours would go best? Im very particular on reel looks haha :lol:

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Line guide replacement for Daiwa Alphas SV SHL

Post by Tony9 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:48 am

I personally like the red line guide. I added a red CCC and knob caps to match.

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by BigG » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:39 am

Tony9 wrote:I personally like the red line guide. I added a red CCC and knob caps to match.

Pretty sharp Tony

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:47 am

murasame wrote:Im aware that i can replace the line guide of this reel with similar ones of the alphas/pixy series, but which one will look the best in your opinion? I just find the red guide a bit awkward...
Also, if i wanted to change the handle and the knobs (the aluminium type) which colours would go best? Im very particular on reel looks haha :lol:
If you are very particular on such things, will other people's choices suit you? Best to do the TT thing and buy a few and experiment. Good luck.

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:21 am

BigG wrote:
Tony9 wrote:I personally like the red line guide. I added a red CCC and knob caps to match.

Pretty sharp Tony
Thanks BigG. I also replaced the handle with one from a Zillion TWS. The stock one was too short and the gun metal color didn't really match up to the black side covers. The Zillion handle did the trick.