Daiwa Zillion SV TW or Daiwa Morethan PE SV?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
István
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Zillion SV TW or Daiwa Morethan PE SV?

Post by István » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Hi Everybody!
Please help me to chose the best reel between Zillion and Morethan.
I live in Hungary where aren't so much angler who use baitcasters. There are neither Zillion 1016 nor Morethan avaiable here.
So please Guys, tell me witch one can throw farther, treat smaller lures, durable, ect :?:
I have a customized Tatula 100HSL and I love it, but by all means want to try an SV Daiwa.
Sorry about my English and Thank You for all help. :)

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Zillion SV TW or Daiwa Morethan PE SV?

Post by TommyG » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:06 pm

:welc: :welc: :welc: Hello, welcome. They are both great reels. I think the Zillion TW SV would be the more versatile because of the spool options. Have not used them enough to speak for durability yet, did have one problem with the Morethan spool, the spring somehow jumped over the retainer, Ian fixed it no problem. I rarely go under 8gr. so can't speak for lighter lures. I'm sure more guys will chime in. Good Luck!!

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:03 pm

:welc:

My vote goes with the Zillion SV TW. Mainly due to the money factor. Specially if you mainly fish mono/copol. The SV handles braid nearly as well as the PE. Yet the PE losses some distance when compared to the SV when spooled with mono. I just think the SV spool is more versatile and less $$ is also good. ;)

Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Tony9 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:13 am

+1 for the Zillion SV TW

I've thrown a 1/8oz Rat-L-Trap a pretty good distance on 8lb line.

4g63power
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 4g63power » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:13 pm

I have both. I would say Morethan looks better and casts a bit further than the zillion sv(40lb pp maxcuatro on Morethan, 12lb fluoro on zillion sv) i don't know if this is the case with Morethan, mine is noticeably not smooth.geary and rough, I have cleaned it and relubed it a few times after using it but hasnt gotten much better, ready to send it in for super tuning. I say go with the zillion sv. Its a very good reel for the money.

István
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by István » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:05 am

WoW Guys! I'm disappointed in the result. I thought everybody will vote on Morethan, but I was wrong. You all are great and gave me kind answers. Thank You very much! I don't like mono lines.
I love Morethan, but if it more weak, than the other beauty, I have to break. :)
I will order in October, so if somebody has something new information please! Thanks a lot!

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:47 pm

Sold my Morethan to a bud. Barrowed back the spool and stuffed it in my Zillion TWS. Gonna order one from Plat or Hedge and a ZN TWS 9.0.1 from TW for my braid only frog rod. Still have enough to order a HLC spool too for the current reel.......

Best of both for far less money

maibinenu
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by maibinenu » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi
Morethan casts PE lines a mile ....far more than you need in fishing
However another combination were sligthly better in distance
SV spool+ TW + 3D magnetic brake
is the deadliest up to know
that being said to save big deal money i can recommend you the following :
Daiwa T3 Baliistic + daiwa Steez SV spool
youl'll be amazed how it can cast all sort of lures

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:29 am

jjbassnforfun wrote:Sold my Morethan to a bud. Barrowed back the spool and stuffed it in my Zillion TWS. Gonna order one from Plat or Hedge and a ZN TWS 9.0.1 from TW for my braid only frog rod. Still have enough to order a HLC spool too for the current reel.......

Best of both for far less money
What was need for you to put the Morethan spool in the Zillion TWS? Did you need spacers?