Daiwa Red/Orange Oil...TD-Z models

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Daiwa Red/Orange Oil...TD-Z models

Post by Big-Bass » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:18 am

I have a question and this may be random...what type of bag does the TD-Z oil come in (the little baggie)...is that a blank bag or does it have writing/recycling lettering on it. I have two different kinds with my reels and wonder which is the original and if the oil inside is different. Some of my reels have writing on the baggie and the Japanese writing on the oil bottle and some baggies are blank and the oil has writing. I know it sounds dumb but if you have any version (including the Ito) and could quick check, that would be helpful. Thanks and good fishing!

Also, does anyone have a spare oil bottle or two they would sell? I need a few for some of my reels. Thanks!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Red/Orange Oil...TD-Z models

Post by poisonokie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:30 am

I don't know about a tdz, but a td luna comes with a ckear bottle of red oil with some japanese writing and a caution symbol and that's in a clear plastic ziploc baggie.
This is the way.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:51 am

Is it possible to upload a picture? Thanks!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:25 am

Let me try once again to figure that out. :oops:
This is the way.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:44 am

The only reason I ask is some of bags that hold the oil are blank and others have Japanese writing and what looks like a recycling symbol. Not sure what actually came with the reels and what was newer/older. Thanks and sorry for such a weird question LOL.