13 Fishing Concept Z

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 13 Fishing Concept Z

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

ccass wrote:
Slazmo wrote:
ccass wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:Well its special line. Concept Uno line. 1 strand braided line from 13 fishing.
1 strand braid...hmmm.
Youre taking the pi$$ right :-k
Maybe they take 1 strand and weave it back and forth over itself a bunch of times?
Ha, I just meant it sarcastically, like the "no noise" (video with extremely loud cast), one strand braid is kind of redundant, just trying to poke fun at them.

EXAMPLE: 13 fishing Concept DLL, pointless hooks, stick around to see how they work, not the sharpest engineering.

QUAKEnSHAKE
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by QUAKEnSHAKE » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 am

http://bassfan.com/reviews_article.asp? ... VfB3ogrI2w

13 Fishing To Unveil Zero-Bearing Reel

"The answer is it was able to develop high-tech polymer bearings (Concept Zero Bearings or CZB) that resist corrosion and allow the reel to perform at a high level over a longer period of time."

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:08 am

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:http://bassfan.com/reviews_article.asp? ... VfB3ogrI2w

"The answer is it was able to develop high-tech polymer bearings (Concept Zero Bearings or CZB) that resist corrosion and allow the reel to perform at a high level over a longer period of time."
So now the question is what type of bearings? And when can Cal review one?

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:28 am

mark poulson wrote:

X2

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Bootytrain » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:56 am

wirinhar wrote:
mark poulson wrote:

X2
We should let the reel actually come out first?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:58 am

Thanks for the interest in the new Concept Z....we love reading the comments....we know this is very different tech, but its also something very special.

After you guys use this, you will have a much better understanding of what this is all about.

to address the "NO NOISE" bullet point in the video....just wait, it will all come into focus. The reel is whisper silent when you turn it. Traditional bearings make noise when you retrieve...its there, its always there. you can audibly hear the balls turning on the bearing races. As soon as you pick up one of these and cast a retrieve a few times you will understand what we are stating. The Concept Z will make ZERO noise when you turn it.

quit worrying about what it sounds like on the cast, if we put a microphone next to any brand reel it would sound loud....trust us, this is a very different experience.

I know the Tackle Tour guys will be at ICAST....perhaps we can film THEIR first impressions....we can't wait.

Matt
13 Fishing

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:47 am

13Fishing wrote:Thanks for the interest in the new Concept Z....we love reading the comments....we know this is very different tech, but its also something very special.

After you guys use this, you will have a much better understanding of what this is all about.

to address the "NO NOISE" bullet point in the video....just wait, it will all come into focus. The reel is whisper silent when you turn it. Traditional bearings make noise when you retrieve...its there, its always there. you can audibly hear the balls turning on the bearing races. As soon as you pick up one of these and cast a retrieve a few times you will understand what we are stating. The Concept Z will make ZERO noise when you turn it.

quit worrying about what it sounds like on the cast, if we put a microphone next to any brand reel it would sound loud....trust us, this is a very different experience.

I know the Tackle Tour guys will be at ICAST....perhaps we can film THEIR first impressions....we can't wait.

Matt
13 Fishing
Will you spill the beans about the bearing system at ICAST?
What will the warranty be like on the Z reels?

13Fishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 13Fishing » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:29 pm

We will have another video launching on Monday July 10th that will explain the development, and the technology.

The Concept Z will come with our standard 1 year manufacturers warranty.

Matt
13 Fishing

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm

13Fishing wrote:quit worrying about what it sounds like on the cast, if we put a microphone next to any brand reel it would sound loud....trust us, this is a very different experience.
Matt
13 Fishing
Hi Matt,

The sound i was hoping was going to be from magnetic bearings, sadly that seems not the case.

When you say noise from any reel during a cast, i dont recall my reels making a whine? Conventional mix of old and new reels.

And when you say silent on the wind - they all usually are provided theyre upkept.

Not trying to nit pick the product, but trying to get my head around the "noise claim". I think the guys in the ads forgot to emphasize silent / smooth retrieval? I think thats what everyone is getting hung up on.

Andrew.

crankenstein
Angler
Angler

Post by crankenstein » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 am

The part I'm confused about is if has zero bearings but then they have developed special polymer bearings, is it a zero bearing reel or a different bearing reel? Either way it's good to see some changes in reel tech and I'm curious to learn more about it.

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:00 am

crankenstein wrote:The part I'm confused about is if has zero bearings but then they have developed special polymer bearings, is it a zero bearing reel or a different bearing reel? Either way it's good to see some changes in reel tech and I'm curious to learn more about it.
A lot of bearing talk was about ball bearings vs their proprietary bearings not having balls. That way, they have zero ball bearings.

I can see where Matt is coming from with the noise if there aren't ball running in the races.
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:42 am

13Fishing wrote:We will have another video launching on Monday July 10th that will explain the development, and the technology.

The Concept Z will come with our standard 1 year manufacturers warranty.

Matt
13 Fishing
Man, I am intrigued!

down4ttown
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by down4ttown » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:53 pm

This discussion is all they were going for. You have to give them credit. They have really came from nowhere to be a real contender. I would list them as a top five USDM company based on quality and performance.

MardukFIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MardukFIN » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:11 pm

I had Concept C fro a while. It's pricey here in Finland. 320€ and performance isn't same as Daiwa or Shimano gives with same price tag. It's ok, if you're not familiar with japanese quality (Alphas, Aldebaran etc). Sold it then.

Tested Concept E. It's fine, very refined reel with nice casting abilities, but very pricey here! 599€. My Steez's casts better and are more comfortable to my hand.

Then Concept A3. It's very nice! Powerful as hell, quite small with nice line capasity and very good looking reel. Tested it with Daiwa Prorex XR 300 and Okuma Komodo 364. Sold Komodo and Prorex, but A3 stays.

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Slazmo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:28 pm

This was posted on FB

"13 Fishing
Name Name we aim to prove that these CZB bearings are BOTH smooth and durable. We don't claim they perform equally to ball bearings....we are stating they exceed ball bearing performance.
1 hour ago · Like1More"

Closest thing to CZB was CSB in search results and they're a 'self lubricating slide bushing', so a bi-composite metallic bushing.