Zillion TWS Gear Swap

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Lvenegoni7
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Zillion TWS Gear Swap

Post by Lvenegoni7 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:21 am

I have a zillion TWS 100P and I don't use that gear ratio that often so I wanted to speed it up if I could. I called daiwa yesterday and I may have misspoken and said the zillion SV, but she stated that the other gear ratios had a different side plate and frame. I'm not sure if maybe we had a miss understanding but I just want to swap the gears so if anyone knows if this is doable with just the main gear and pinion let me know. Thanks

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Zillion TWS Gear Swap

Post by poisonokie » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:59 pm

Yeah, she must've been confused. Any righty tws gear set will drop in there. The only difference in the side plate is the model no. printed on it.
This is the way.

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:16 pm

All tws zillion gears are interchangeable wether its 1016sv or 1516 or 100tws, you can even use catalina bay jigger gears for a tougher gear option.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:07 am

Lvenegoni7 wrote:I have a zillion TWS 100P and I don't use that gear ratio that often so I wanted to speed it up if I could. I called daiwa yesterday and I may have misspoken and said the zillion SV, but she stated that the other gear ratios had a different side plate and frame. I'm not sure if maybe we had a miss understanding but I just want to swap the gears so if anyone knows if this is doable with just the main gear and pinion let me know. Thanks
I bet she meant that the side plate was different because of the letters printed on it, and I bet she meant frame from the color coded single bumper. Sometimes workers who answer the phone aren't always spot on, I do not think many of them involve in the mechanical side of their products.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:45 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:All tws zillion gears are interchangeable wether its 1016sv or 1516 or 100tws, you can even use catalina bay jigger gears for a tougher gear option.
Thanks for sharing great info, Barramaniac!!!

WW

Lvenegoni7
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Lvenegoni7 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:54 pm

Thanks for the replies!