Tatula, line keeps popping out of guide...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
webertime
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Tatula, line keeps popping out of guide...

Post by webertime » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:25 pm

It's driving me crazy... (short trip). I've got a Tatula HL spooled with 20lb Abrazx on my Carolina rig rod. Cast out and engage... retrieve a bit all good, then notice that the line pops out of the bottom of the T and goes to the palm side of the T. It's nearly every cast and it's causing some backlashes. Anyone else have this issue and fix it?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula, line keeps popping out of guide...

Post by poisonokie » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Is your pawl shot?
This is the way.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula, line keeps popping out of guide...

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 am

webertime wrote:It's driving me crazy... (short trip). I've got a Tatula HL spooled with 20lb Abrazx on my Carolina rig rod. Cast out and engage... retrieve a bit all good, then notice that the line pops out of the bottom of the T and goes to the palm side of the T. It's nearly every cast and it's causing some backlashes. Anyone else have this issue and fix it?
I had a scratch on the front of my T-wing one time, caused line to bunch up toward one side. Send it, they should be glad to help.