Reel Love

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Reel Love

Post by goldrod » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:24 pm

While talking to a friend of mine whose known me for years I was asked what is my favorite reel? I had to ponder on the question for a bit... My D7 bench is strong as is my zillion, the OG's of course but I have some svz.. Which is my sv zillions at least that's what I call the sv103xs reels.. But out of no where came my little steez line up with an Antares, conquest 50, couple of scorpion svs's and tdz's and least I forget the Z2020's

It's been a superb journey but when I think of favorite the modifications on daiwa for me just does something to the wallet.
I've grown so much since I found this site but I haven't fished every reel out there. My collection is modest but although I love the micro module gears on the Antares reel when I grab it, it seems to flex on the top..in my hands at least.. I also love my curado 50_s ..
I guess I don't have a favorite I like them all. I showned my buddy some videos on the sv spools and he had never heard of it.. I thought that I was behind the times cause I don't have a facebook account but how can you not know about the sv spools ](*,)

All in all to answer his questions for myself, I had to say that my favorite reel has to be the one I'm using at the time.. ;)
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Reel Love

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I have an arsenal of 50 series Shimanos including Curado, Scorpion, Aldebaran, Core, and Conquest versions. Then there are my Zillions including the IP68R, 100HA, and SV103XS. Out of all my reels, I love my Curado50E the most. Its been with me since new, and my longest owned reel out of them all. I will never part with that reel, even if I could only choose one. In fact, I have enough parts, and even doubles and triples, including new frame and sideplates for it. Hell, I could build a whole new one if I wanted to. Lol
<")))><{

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:24 pm

My Alphas SV. It's the reel that turned me from Korean oem junk to the darkside. It's is also a solid and smooth little reel. For as highly vaunted had the Steez was I find that my Alphas is quieter and smoother than my steez ltd, ss sv and is73. I'm also a fan of the Alphas SV spool. I think it as a nice balance of distance and control.

BucketHunter
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BucketHunter » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Core50/100. Great apart, but as a 1/2 punch almost everything you'd ever need. My lower 50/200s filled in the financial gaps where they could!
Set hard and set often

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:40 am

That's the way it should be. If you can pick a clear winner, you're doing something wrong. They should all be clear winners (okay, maybe a few exceptions, but you get the just) . I enjoy fishing all my reels to the extreme cause I love them all. If it doesn't make me giddy, it's not the reel for me. That being said, the Steez SV TW is the finest reel I've used out of the box. With some upgrades it's just wonderful.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:12 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:That's the way it should be. If you can pick a clear winner, you're doing something wrong. They should all be clear winners (okay, maybe a few exceptions, but you get the just) . I enjoy fishing all my reels to the extreme cause I love them all. If it doesn't make me giddy, it's not the reel for me. That being said, the Steez SV TW is the finest reel I've used out of the box. With some upgrades it's just wonderful.
Agreed. I have a hard time picking my favorite out of the bunch. I really, really like my SV105 (Alphas) and Steez SV103XS Limited, but probably my Metanium MGL still holds the top title.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:33 am

Pretty much any Shimano 100D series Core/Chronarch/Metanium for me. Essentially they are all the same with a few differences. If I had to pick one, it'd have to be my Metanium V2. I've done a lot to this reel to make it the gem it is, but it's probably what I'd say would be the last to go.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 am

The original Quantum Smoke 100 burner (7/1 ratio). It throws everything from 1/4 oz jerkbaits to Whopper Ploppers and frogs, and I can punch with it, too.
All it does is fish, day in and day out.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:23 pm

Love all my reel :mrgreen: Can't say which one my favor...For now it's Presso with shallow spool 8-)
MGL,Steez16,Z-pride,Zill PE 7.9,LIN...CC51 and couple more :lol: ,-some another day another reel will be more favorite...

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:45 pm

fffishing wrote:Love all my reel :mrgreen: Can't say which one my favor...For now it's Presso with shallow spool 8-)
MGL,Steez16,Z-pride,Zill PE 7.9,LIN...CC51 and couple more :lol: ,-some another day another reel will be more favorite...
Which spool are you running in that Presso?

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by new2BC4bass » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
fffishing wrote:Love all my reel :mrgreen: Can't say which one my favor...For now it's Presso with shallow spool 8-)
Which spool are you running in that Presso?
Yeah, cuz the original Presso spool is pretty shallow.

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:01 pm

31-custom,works from less them 1/32...
will try to load some pics
Ps. It's not a stock spool ;)

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:18 pm

Here we're.
Spool weight with bearing ;) stock spool 14.5 gr (with line)
It's not a China staff [-X
My friends have done ,really enthusiasts !
Attachments
IMG_1931[1].jpg
IMG_1931[1].jpg (98.49 KiB) Viewed 7771 times
IMG_1939[1].jpg
IMG_1939[1].jpg (48.26 KiB) Viewed 7771 times
IMG_1967.jpg
IMG_1967.jpg (58.02 KiB) Viewed 7771 times
IMG_1966.jpg
IMG_1966.jpg (88.75 KiB) Viewed 7771 times

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:58 pm

fffishing wrote:Here we're.
Is that red anodized zonda finesse spool?

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:17 am

LowRange wrote:
fffishing wrote:Here we're.
Is that red anodized zonda finesse spool?
No,that's "homemade" ,- my friends did it.
Yes,it's anodized ,and all done on the proper equipment, cost me around $100