Tutula SV TW review... what did you mean?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tutula SV TW review... what did you mean?

Post by OkobojiEagle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:29 am

At the end of the Tatula SV TW review this statement was written: "The combination of the T-Wing System with the SV Spool and Ultimate Tournament Drag gives anglers an everyday reel that can handle the entire gamut of applications, as long as you have the right line for the job spooled on." What were you suggesting with "as long as you have the right line for the job spooled on"?

oe

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Tutula SV TW review... what did you mean?

Post by rockchalk06 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:08 am

My guess:

The new Tat will cover most everything from weightless 4" plastics up to frogs and 1oz jigs. You're not going to use 65# braid to toss a weightless fluke and get decent results. Same as throwing a frog or 1oz jig with 8# fluorocarbon.

The right line for the right technique will make this reel one of the most versatile reels Daiwa makes, which is spot on. Especially at the price point it's at.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:39 am

It sounds like a Swiss Army Knife reel, able to do just about anything.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:39 am

I think he just meant having an appropriate lb test to cover a multitude of weights / techniques, such as 12 to 15 lb mono or fluoro. Also bearing in mind the spool capacity is somewhat shallow in comparison to many reels on the market. Plus most people wouldn't want to spool up with fluorocarbon for top water baits. I wouldn't spool up with 6 lb fluoro for weightless plastics, and then toss a three quarter oz swim jig with it. The right line to cover whatever you're looking to do is the general idea I believe.

Kurt L
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Kurt L » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:03 am

Is the SV TW really smoother and more refined than the Type R CT? If it is I will put it on my list, I have a Type R CT and it's a good reel but smoothing it out would be an big improvement that's my only real complaint about my R it's a bit rough and noisy.

Thanks, Kurt

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Kurt L wrote:Is the SV TW really smoother and more refined than the Type R CT? If it is I will put it on my list, I have a Type R CT and it's a good reel but smoothing it out would be an big improvement that's my only real complaint about my R it's a bit rough and noisy.

Thanks, Kurt
It is. I really like mine.

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:03 am

Seemed to me as an unnecessary and obvious statement unless the reviewer had noticed this reel to handle a line differently than all other reels in some situation.

oe

godshippy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by godshippy » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:52 pm

After reading the review I bought myself one and got it in yesterday. Just from my initial playing around it's a solid reel and I will probably add a few more.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:40 am

I've had 6:1 (gave it to a friend) and just got in 2 of 7's, and I'm pretty impressed with these reels. Definitely a solid product

Dangerfield
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Dangerfield » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:00 am

I don't understand this statement either. With the right line you mean this reel can it handle a 30"+ Northern or Muskie?

Hobie-Wan Kenobi
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hobie-Wan Kenobi » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:55 am

OkobojiEagle wrote:At the end of the Tatula SV TW review this statement was written: "The combination of the T-Wing System with the SV Spool and Ultimate Tournament Drag gives anglers an everyday reel that can handle the entire gamut of applications, as long as you have the right line for the job spooled on." What were you suggesting with "as long as you have the right line for the job spooled on"?

oe
I think what is meant is that you could throw big jigs with 16lb FC, also throw smaller jerkbaits with 8lb mono and also frog with 65lb braid.

It's a veratile reel for sure. Below is a link to a 4 part series on the reel. Video 2 and 3 go over the casting and video 1 and 4 is unboxing and teardown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKmKgwW ... 9vEFN5I_PO
IG @hobie_wan_kenobi_fishing

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:44 pm

Good gravy. Talk about over analyzing. Right line for the task at hand.

OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by OkobojiEagle » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Good gravy. Talk about over analyzing. Right line for the task at hand.
Previous enjoyment would come from obsessing over spelling errors and bad syntax... now I search for vague and/or ambiguous statements within product reviews. I'm maturing.

oe

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:13 pm

OkobojiEagle wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Good gravy. Talk about over analyzing. Right line for the task at hand.
Previous enjoyment would come from obsessing over spelling errors and bad syntax... now I search for vague and/or ambiguous statements within product reviews. I'm maturing.

oe
:lol:

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:57 am

OkobojiEagle wrote:

oe
Bwahahahahahahahahaaa!!!!!!