ZPI NRC001-M Spool vs RCS 1012 sv G1?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Larsey
Angler
Angler

ZPI NRC001-M Spool vs RCS 1012 sv G1?

Post by Larsey » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Hello!

What do you think is the difference between these two spools?
Zpi is 8grams i believe and rcs g1 is 9 grams.
ZPI is maybe a little shallower, and cost 15$ more...
Has anyone here tried them both?

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: ZPI NRC001-M Spool vs RCS 1012 sv G1?

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:22 pm

I'm not sure anyone has received their shallow Zpi spools yet. This is only an assumption, but I'd guess the SV spool would offer a little more control. I think the Zpi spools have a fixed rotor opposed to the air rotor. I absolutely love both my G1 and standard 1012 spools. Far and away my favorite spools ever. Perfect balance / combination of all factors for me. That being said, I will undoubtedly try the NRC001-M at some point. Likely sooner than later. My only fear is that I'll like it better and need several. Although it would have to completely knock my socks off for that to happen. Plus it comes in that sky blue color that I can't get from the SLP Rcs spools.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:12 am

Fixed inductor vs air rotor is the main difference. Should have my 001M soon \:D/
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:49 pm

The Tackle Trap is expecting the ZPI NRC001-M Spools to arrive the last week of October and all pre-orders will ship out then. As much as I've been enjoying the PG spools, I'm really looking forward to trying out the M spools. The ZPI NRC-001-PG spools are incredible in the Steez SV TW, Zillion SV TW, and I'm just starting to branch out and use them in TD-Z and SV103 platforms where they are equally as impressive so far. For those who don't know, they do come with a set of ZPI spool bearings to fit the Steez SV TW and Zillion SV TW platforms!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:44 am

bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap is expecting the ZPI NRC001-M Spools to arrive the last week of October and all pre-orders will ship out then. As much as I've been enjoying the PG spools, I'm really looking forward to trying out the M spools. The ZPI NRC-001-PG spools are incredible in the Steez SV TW, Zillion SV TW, and I'm just starting to branch out and use them in TD-Z and SV103 platforms where they are equally as impressive so far. For those who don't know, they do come with a set of ZPI spool bearings to fit the Steez SV TW and Zillion SV TW platforms!
You, sir, are an enabler. :lol: :lol: :lol:

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm

mark poulson wrote:
bronzefly wrote:The Tackle Trap is expecting the ZPI NRC001-M Spools to arrive the last week of October and all pre-orders will ship out then. As much as I've been enjoying the PG spools, I'm really looking forward to trying out the M spools. The ZPI NRC-001-PG spools are incredible in the Steez SV TW, Zillion SV TW, and I'm just starting to branch out and use them in TD-Z and SV103 platforms where they are equally as impressive so far. For those who don't know, they do come with a set of ZPI spool bearings to fit the Steez SV TW and Zillion SV TW platforms!
You, sir, are an enabler. :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: I have to be! This is Tackle Tour after all, and there are still a bunch of guys here who want to use the best gear out there. These new ZPI spools certainly fall into that class. I can't wait to get the M spools into the rotation, and soon \:D/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by masterbass » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 pm

How do you like the zpi pg vs the steez sv tw spool? What's the line capacity on the pg? Thanks.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:28 am

masterbass wrote:
How do you like the zpi pg vs the steez sv tw spool? What's the line capacity on the pg? Thanks.
All of my Steez SV TW have ZPI PG spools in them, and later this week, I'll pull at least one out and put in the ZPI M spools as they're set to arrive at the shop late this week. Per ZPI published line capacities for the PG (deeper spool): 16lb: 75m, 18lb: 65m, 20lb: 55m - I've been using one with 10# FC and easily throwing 1/4 oz shakey heads, texas rigs, etc. I'm curious to see how well the shallower M spool does on the lighter end of things. It's NOT a BFS spool, but I'm betting 1/8 oz. won't be a problem set up with the right rod and line... again, per ZPI, published line capacities for the M (shallower spool): 10lb: 75~85m, 12lb: 70~80m, 14lb: 65~75mm

The spool in the Steez SV TW is fantastic, but I can out distance with less effort with the ZPI PG. It's extremely fluid, controlled, and easy to use while providing excellent distance. I've been a ZPI spool fan for a very, very long time and am thoroughly impressed with their newest efforts. Can't wait for the M's this week \:D/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:22 am

The M is a bit faster than the PG. Tested both in a TDZ R over the weekend. 1/2 oz Red eye shad was the lure of choice, 12# PLine original, all riding on a TKIC-SS.
No idea on distances, but I was able to get similar distances between both spools. Mags at 2-2.5 with the PG, 4 on the M. Any lower on the M, and the line would fluff up. :D

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:33 am

igl00jx wrote:The M is a bit faster than the PG. Tested both in a TDZ R over the weekend. 1/2 oz Red eye shad was the lure of choice, 12# PLine original, all riding on a TKIC-SS.
No idea on distances, but I was able to get similar distances between both spools. Mags at 2-2.5 with the PG, 4 on the M. Any lower on the M, and the line would fluff up. :D
You da man J -
Let us know how that M does with the lighter goods :big grin:

masterbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by masterbass » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Has anyone tried the pg in a first gen steez? I'm wondering if it will be too wild.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:08 am

masterbass wrote:Has anyone tried the pg in a first gen steez? I'm wondering if it will be too wild.
I'm wondering this as well. My thumb is still a little slow as of yet. I guess if someone could compare the PG or M to a Blue Emblem, that would be a great gauging point for me.

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Teal101 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:20 pm

adam lancia wrote:
masterbass wrote:Has anyone tried the pg in a first gen steez? I'm wondering if it will be too wild.
I'm wondering this as well. My thumb is still a little slow as of yet. I guess if someone could compare the PG or M to a Blue Emblem, that would be a great gauging point for me.
:mrgreen:
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:59 pm

Teal if you could also compare the new ZPI spools to the RC-002 spool that would be great. I know you have your share of those!