Crankbait reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Crankbait reel

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:01 pm

smallies wrote:
I have 2 SV105SH's in my line up that I use for jerkabits and weightless senkos. Would you guys pick the Alphas SV105 over the Zillion SV TW for the task at hand?
I'm very partial to my 105, so yes, I would personally prefer an SV105 for your intended purpose. And I have 2 Zillion SV TW reels myself.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

806swampdonkey
Angler
Angler

Post by 806swampdonkey » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Along with the comments here, I've heard great things about the zillion

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:21 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
smallies wrote:
I have 2 SV105SH's in my line up that I use for jerkabits and weightless senkos. Would you guys pick the Alphas SV105 over the Zillion SV TW for the task at hand?
I'm very partial to my 105, so yes, I would personally. And I have 2 Zillion SV TW reels myself.
I also have 2 Zillion SV TW reels that I love and suggest to everyone. I also have an SS/SV for a 7' Medium cranking rod and kick myself to this day for not buying a second SV105. I plan on buying another SV105 coming up for a small topwater setup. I would love it if my SS/SV was an Alphas 105, with a 100mm handle it would be perfect for all I do on that 7' Medium, moderate rod...