200 size low profile reels that compare to the Curado K

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
BadChad1983
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

200 size low profile reels that compare to the Curado K

Post by BadChad1983 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:56 am

Hi all-

I am new to the forums here. I just sold my tatula hd and am planning on getting a curado k to replace it. Before I buy the curado k I wanted to research and see if there was anything at the price point above in the 200 low profile category I should give consideration? This is a small swimbait reel only for me. Think grass minnow to hudd gill. Casting distance, especially with the grass minnow, is top priority with the second being a quiet casting reel.

This is probably a stupid question and don't mean to annoy anyone, but has there ever been a 250 size?

Also does anyone know what the 13 fishing concept a3 is considered as far as 200 and 300 size goes? Both Lew's super duty? Any thoughts on how they compare to the curado k?

Thanks all!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: 200 size low profile reels that compare to the Curado K

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:51 am

Both the Lew's and 13 don't really compare. The A3 is more like a Tatula HD competitor. I am currently looking for someone to buy my Tatula HD also, it's just too big for me, casts well with heavy lures, but not good with wind catching baits.

I would directly compare the Tatula CT Type R to the Curado K, just as capable, comes down to brand/feature preference. I haven't seen a review yet on the new Revo STX, but they are to have aluminum sideplates and a braking system like the new Curado, so they might go over fairly well, I just cannot bring myself to buy another Abu yet. But I do think the Revo STX would hold fairly strong with the CT-R and Curado K while holding more line also I think.