TDZ / TDX is there a better platform

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
iabass8
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: TDZ / TDX is there a better platform

Post by iabass8 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:57 pm

Teal101 wrote:
runmax08 wrote:Great for light weight presentations. (1/2 ounces and under). But tdzs lack the power and torque to move big fish from heavy cover. Therefore the new Tatula SV TW might be the best reel for its price ever.....IMO.. They say the Tatula s crank better under a heavy load.
I routinely run 1-2oz on my TD-Z's punching heavy cover and have removed plenty of 5lb+ fish from cover with them. I also use TD-Z's for all my frog work and have yet to have an issue. The only failure is aftermarket dress up aluminum nuts stripping out. Went to non aluminum and have no more issues.
May I ask what specific nut you went with for colored parts?

Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: TDZ / TDX is there a better platform

Post by Teal101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:14 pm

iabass8 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
runmax08 wrote:Great for light weight presentations. (1/2 ounces and under). But tdzs lack the power and torque to move big fish from heavy cover. Therefore the new Tatula SV TW might be the best reel for its price ever.....IMO.. They say the Tatula s crank better under a heavy load.
I routinely run 1-2oz on my TD-Z's punching heavy cover and have removed plenty of 5lb+ fish from cover with them. I also use TD-Z's for all my frog work and have yet to have an issue. The only failure is aftermarket dress up aluminum nuts stripping out. Went to non aluminum and have no more issues.
May I ask what specific nut you went with for colored parts?
Avail, stock ghetto status, or chop and drill the driveshaft to accept a Steez bolt.
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm