Best Custom Handle company?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Houndfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Best Custom Handle company?

Post by Houndfish » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Awesome, thanks!

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:52 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
jmd_143 wrote:I do not believe they are made anymore but I have an older semper fi Handle that fits great on my Shimano’s
The company that made the Semper Fi handles makes the Ray's Studio DIY handles now.

DaveJ
Are you sure about that Dave? I thought Semper Fi was just one guy (Benson), I think. Those were good quality handles. I've been looking at the Ray's stuff, but not sure they will be up to snuff. Do you have one or a few?

jmd_143
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jmd_143 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:30 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
jmd_143 wrote:I do not believe they are made anymore but I have an older semper fi Handle that fits great on my Shimano’s
The company that made the Semper Fi handles makes the Ray's Studio DIY handles now.

DaveJ
Learn something new everyday.... Thanks!

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:57 pm

RCS 90mm carbon handle with Studio Composite carbon knobs for me.

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
IlliniDawg01 wrote:

DaveJ
Are you sure about that Dave? I thought Semper Fi was just one guy (Benson), I think. Those were good quality handles. I've been looking at the Ray's stuff, but not sure they will be up to snuff. Do you have one or a few?
Almost positive. I own examples of both and they are very similar. Semper Fi closed shop because his supplier couldn't meet his demand iirc. Possibly because they started supplying other sellers.

DaveJ