Casting distance steez tw sv vs steez a

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
WEBBY005383
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Casting distance steez tw sv vs steez a

Post by WEBBY005383 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Anyone have input on which casts further with lets say 3/8 jig and trailer?

ScoobyDoo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Casting distance steez tw sv vs steez a

Post by ScoobyDoo » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

WEBBY005383 wrote:Anyone have input on which casts further with lets say 3/8 jig and trailer?
I'd venture a guess and say the same even with the extra weight of the spool shaft ( i think the a's spool shaft runs the full width through the pinion.) Jigs and trailers don't go that far. Without a trailer 160 or so feet. Anything plus or minus 20 feet is pretty much what all baitcasters can throw em.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:59 am

Havent tried it, but pretty sure spools are interchangeable. Spool bearings on A model are heavily greased and a clean, or a day on the water, frees them up. No noticeable difference casting in the real world that I can tell.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Sore Thumb wrote:Havent tried it, but pretty sure spools are interchangeable. Spool bearings on A model are heavily greased and a clean, or a day on the water, frees them up. No noticeable difference casting in the real world that I can tell.
The A spool won't work in the TW, however the TW spool is money in the A. I haven't tried it myself, but received this information from a very trusted source. I would assume the TW for smaller baits, the A for larger. . . As intended

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Strewth » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

The TD-Z Type R+ gigas spool sings in the A

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Sore Thumb » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:13 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Sore Thumb wrote:Havent tried it, but pretty sure spools are interchangeable. Spool bearings on A model are heavily greased and a clean, or a day on the water, frees them up. No noticeable difference casting in the real world that I can tell.
The A spool won't work in the TW, however the TW spool is money in the A. I haven't tried it myself, but received this information from a very trusted source. I would assume the TW for smaller baits, the A for larger. . . As intended
Checked, looks like you are correct. Spool shaft and inductor are different.