SV103 spool question

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

SV103 spool question

Post by Big-Bass » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:53 pm

I bought an SV103XS a few weeks back that had an IS73 spool in it but came with the original spool. The seller indicated that there was an issue with the SV103 spool. No problem and no deal breaker as I own a bunch of them and just love the reel platform. But where should I send this spool to get it fixed? The inductor moves in and out but spins. There is also a slight ding on the end of the spool. Not sure if it will effect performance. Is it worth getting fixed or can it function as is? Any and all help would be appreciated in steering me in the right direction. Thank you!

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: SV103 spool question

Post by Rippin-lips » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Send it to the The Tackle Trap and have Bryan fix it for you. The ding shouldn’t matter as long as it’s not on the lip. You should be able to hear if it was rubbing.

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:17 am

Rippin-lips wrote:Send it to the The Tackle Trap and have Bryan fix it for you. The ding shouldn’t matter as long as it’s not on the lip. You should be able to hear if it was rubbing.
Thanks Adam.

We can certainly fix it. From the sounds of it, the SV base tabs have broken. I have the updated base in stock to fix it. Its $10 parts and labor, plus shipping. I can also massage out the ding for the most part as long as its not cracked.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:08 am

Sweet! Thank you! I will be in touch!