New Tatula 150

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: New Tatula 150

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:37 pm

^ Yes, same spool bearings.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Team Bass
Angler
Angler

Post by Team Bass » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:41 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:^ Yes, same spool bearings.
Thanks for the info.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Team Bass wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:34mm
So just to make sure again... It doesn't fit in the Tatula HD right? I really don't want to sell mine because they've been on sale so long, but just really wish I had a Curado K or Tatula CT-R in a 6 speed rather than the 7.3HD for cranking. There is a 153 spool, but its like 80 bones.
There is a gap with the Tatula 150 spool in the Tat HD, they aren't the same.
So to order aftermarket bearings and spool one would just order a spool and bearing set that would fit the original Tatula and they would fit the 150? I mean the spool and bearing sizes are the same? Thanks for any help.
I'm not sure about the new 150/200 sizes. The 200 is a deeper spool, I know the diameters of the original Type R/Tatula didn't match with the Tatula HD 200. I owned both, sold the HD to a friend, I think it had a 36mm deep spool, maybe the Type R original has a 34mm? As far as the models you are talking about, my assumption would be that the 150 has the original Tatula style spool, 34mm my guess, and the 200 newer model (styled off the original's frame size) has the 36mm deep spool. This means that yes, the bearings would and do probably line up, but the spools with have a gap if you go from the 200 to the 150. It will not be possible to go from the 150 reel to use a 200 spool though, it wouldn't fit in the frame. Not sure that spacers are available for these models either, so I don't think using a 150 spool in a 200 would be applicable either.

Heddonfrog
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Heddonfrog » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 pm

joekaz wrote:
bronzefly wrote:
joekaz wrote:The description makes it sound like the 6.3:1 will come in left hand.
There was some early confusion on this one. The Left hand is only offered in 7.3:1 unfortunately.
That's a bummer. I am hoping Daiwa starts putting a Steez TW type sideplate ( like the one found on the new JDM Zillion HD)on all there new reels.http://japantackle.com/media/catalog/pr ... 1520sh.jpg The protruding mag dial on the current Tatula's and Zillion's keep me from owning a bunch of them.
I was just talking to the head Daiwa rep at the Chicago fishing show discussing this same side plate concern with him. I explained that I purchased 4 Tat Sv’s in 2018 and wont buy the new CT SV generation when it comes out unless they put a hood over or relocate the mag dial. I explained that I not only feel it, it will actually readjust itself during certain techniques (jerkbait fishing primarily) and that I have to put a piece of electrical tape over it to prevent it from moving. He made it sound like such a unique situation and I’m saying “don’t you guys read message boards? I hear about the annoyance from both of my concerns all the time” his reply was “unless we hear about it directly from more people I just don’t think you’ll see a change anytime soon” wtf. I own 10 Shimano’s from $150 to $350 and don’t have this issue on single one of them. I love the performance of my SV but I will not buy another one with an expose mag dial. I’d like to start a ground swell of people who like their Daiwa’s especially the Tat lineup but would also like a relocated mag dial. He gave me his email address If others are having this concern. Anyone else interested in letting him know our concerns?

Btw talked to Brandon Palanuik for about 10 minutes and got around to asking him what he throws his hudds on and he said “I’ve been using the Tatula 150 for 6 & 8” hudds...so there you go. He gets free Ryogas that he could use for big swimbaits and uses the new 150. Pretty decent endorsement

montey
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by montey » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:00 am

With two seasons under my belt with two 150's I will say it's one of the better Tatula BC reels.
The 100 I had was not as smooth or solid feeling as the 150 is. I returned mine and bought another 150.
I'm not a spool measurer or nit picker about specs, so I will just add that this reel feels excellent and is solid as a rock.
It's has great power to deal with getting bass out of the junk. It doesn't seem to get as much attention as the 100 for some reason.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am

Bumping. Are we sure these are 34mm spools? Hedgehog is saying that 36mm spools from the 153 and HRF fir Tatula 150 HD. Not such a bad rehash if they bumped the spool diameter, added hardened gearing and a 100mm handle.

joekaz
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by joekaz » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:39 am

LowRange wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am
Bumping. Are we sure these are 34mm spools? Hedgehog is saying that 36mm spools from the 153 and HRF fir Tatula 150 HD. Not such a bad rehash if they bumped the spool diameter, added hardened gearing and a 100mm handle.
The 150 has the same exact size spool as the original Tatula 100. Both are 34 mm and both have the same line capacity. I called out Daiwa for using misleading specs. Not sure about the diameter of the 150 HD but I know that it is a deeper spool.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:49 am

joekaz wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:39 am
LowRange wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:31 am
The 150 has the same exact size spool as the original Tatula 100. Both are 34 mm and both have the same line capacity. I called out Daiwa for using misleading specs. Not sure about the diameter of the 150 HD but I know that it is a deeper spool.
I see. The 150 HD is a different reel that is actually a 38mm deep spool reel that is similar to the current Tatula 200. Daiwa is just making up names at this point. They just took the old tats and added 50 to the names ans relaunched them as new products. 100 >> 150. 150 >> 200
Attachments
s-l640.jpg
s-l640.jpg (34.52 KiB) Viewed 2223 times