Good allround spool for T3 MX?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
anteman
Angler
Angler

Good allround spool for T3 MX?

Post by anteman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:00 am

Hi
I have a T3 MX in original and I'm thinking about buying a Diawa RCS 1000 SV Shallow spool (orange) as a good, calm allrounder that shines w. various baits mostly 1/4 to 1/2 oz. Now I got an offer to buy a SLP works RCS G1 1012 for a fair price. Would that be something totaly different? A lot wilder than the 1000SV?

Thanks

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Good allround spool for T3 MX?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:51 am

The SV spool would really shine in conjunction with the Magforce 3D, so I would go with he G1 1012 spool if I was in your shoes.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:02 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:The SV spool would really shine in conjunction with the Magforce 3D, so I would go with he G1 1012 spool if I was in your shoes.
X2
The Magforce 3D gives you a lot of settings and will handle the G1 1012 with ease.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:06 am

1012 SV G1 or 1016 SV G1 for more line capacity. Either spool is the absolute best I've used in the T3 platform. So long story short, get that spool while you can. With the all around setting and brake dial set between 6 and 10 - straight up casting machine.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:00 am

I have the sv1000 shallow in mine with hedgehog ceramic bearings and it's a casting machine. I use it for bfs, (3/32 tw and up) but it will bomb baits, too. Ultra versatile. If you can afford it, I'd take their advice on the G1 spool since it's lighter and there's no chance you'll have problems with a sticking inductor.
This is the way.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:24 am

The 1016 G1 SV spool has been so good in my SS/SV (and obviously in stock Zillion SV TW's) that I plan on ordering a second one just because. Would like to keep a backup with 30lb braid on it to compliment the current setup of 14lb fluorocarbon.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:22 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:The 1016 G1 SV spool has been so good in my SS/SV (and obviously in stock Zillion SV TW's) that I plan on ordering a second one just because. Would like to keep a backup with 30lb braid on it to compliment the current setup of 14lb fluorocarbon.
Man.. you really like talking about that ss/sv :lol:

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:31 pm

spookybaits wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:The 1016 G1 SV spool has been so good in my SS/SV (and obviously in stock Zillion SV TW's) that I plan on ordering a second one just because. Would like to keep a backup with 30lb braid on it to compliment the current setup of 14lb fluorocarbon.
Sorry bout that, I actually just talk to much in general, and on here... I guess I just talk about that specific reel because there was so much hate for it. Unfortunately I rarely use it much now because I don't crank much.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
Sorry bout that, I actually just talk to much in general, and on here... I guess I just talk about that specific reel because there was so much hate for it. Unfortunately I rarely use it much now because I don't crank much.
I like my SS SV just fine, but I know what you mean. The reel definitely has a lot of detractors.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

anteman
Angler
Angler

Post by anteman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:07 am

Thanks you all for the input! You have convinced me. I'll go with the SLPW G1 spool and as I'll use 15-30lb braid I guess the 1012 line capacity will do the job.

spookybaits
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by spookybaits » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:54 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
It's all good buddy, I'm just goofing with ya!

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:00 pm

What is the difference between say a steez sv103 spool and a zillion sv tw spool? Thanks!

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:39 am

fishonsc wrote:What is the difference between say a steez sv103 spool and a zillion sv tw spool? Thanks!
The non TW Steez spool might actually be a bit more braked (inductor build) than the SV TW Zillion spool. I think the weights are VERY close though but the edge still goes to the Zillion SV TW spool. I am not sure though, and don't know if the reel's sideplate braking comes into play with that. I have fished both of those reels a decent amount separately but never switched spools in them (don't own the Steez SV103).

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:41 am

spookybaits wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
I feel ya, keep getting a hard time for considering a Metanium over a Bantam too, few people said it would be a mistake. Just the aluminum gears in my beloved SS/SV have held up fine so I figure the Metanium's would also.

Back to Daiwa spools though, what is that SV1000 all about exactly???

anteman
Angler
Angler

Post by anteman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:57 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
spookybaits wrote:
I feel ya, keep getting a hard time for considering a Metanium over a Bantam too, few people said it would be a mistake. Just the aluminum gears in my beloved SS/SV have held up fine so I figure the Metanium's would also.

Back to Daiwa spools though, what is that SV1000 all about exactly???
I don´t know for sure about the SV 1000 cos I haven't used it but my interest came from what I´ve read about it. It´s a fairly light, good, solid spool that handles a wide weight range. Not a BFS, nor a distance spool but a good, "calm" all-rounder.

Btw, how many yards of 15lb braid can I expect to get on the SLPW G1 1012 SV spool? I have some 15 lb Berkley Tracer braid sitting and I thought I´ll start and use that as a "training line"...