NEW: Daiwa Tatula 100 (based off Steez)

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: NEW: Daiwa Tatula 100 (based off Steez)

Post by LowRange » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Looks like the mag dial is sunken into the palming plate pretty well. It looks like the palming plate may even have a ridge around the mag dial to keep your hands from rubbing the dial. Hard to tell. Daiwa doesn't let you get a good look at the reel in the project T videos.

A look at the top silhouette

Imagefree image hosting

Looks pretty compact

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by big_gee » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:36 am

The new sanded cork are the revised Tatula rods. The Elite rods are still going to be silver with EVA.

As for he Zillion casting reel rumor has it they are being discontinued due to the new Tatula variants.

The new Kage swimbait rods with cork and are pretty sweet looking.

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:29 pm

big_gee wrote:The new sanded cork are the revised Tatula rods. The Elite rods are still going to be silver with EVA.

As for he Zillion casting reel rumor has it they are being discontinued due to the new Tatula variants.

There are new additions to the Elite lineup. Both the 2nd generation Tatula and new Kage rods have cork grips. The Kage rods are using the same blanks as the Tatula Elite, only they are not painted. I'll post some pics later this evening

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:15 pm

MediumHeavy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by MediumHeavy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:53 pm

Too much use of the tribal spider logo in my opinion.

Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jason Penn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 am

Other than the new tat being solid black, I kinda like it. The rod I use for spinnerbaits (6'9 mh ballistic) has a seat similar to the tat elites, and what looks to be on the new tat rods. The reel sits a little higher than it does on the air beam seats, so a more compact reel should work out pretty good for me.

The head scratcher for me is the 7'4 glass spinnerbait/bladed jig rod. I would love to have a mh glass rod from Daiwa that was under 7'. I'm not generally making long casts with spinnerbaits or squarebills, and a shorter rod would work great for that.

hookfynn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by hookfynn » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:43 pm

anyone got any idea what the cost is gonna be for this reel?

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:49 pm

hookfynn wrote:anyone got any idea what the cost is gonna be for this reel?
I heard $159.99

jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jjbassnforfun » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:44 pm

big_gee wrote:The new sanded cork are the revised Tatula rods. The Elite rods are still going to be silver with EVA.

Gosh I hope they don't off the ZLN SV. I really enjoy the 3 I have!! I may get one of the new tat's. But I'm sure I won't enjoy it as much as the ZLN SV!!
2012 Stratos 285XL 150 Etec HO

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:33 am

jjbassnforfun wrote:

Gosh I hope they don't off the ZLN SV. I really enjoy the 3 I have!! I may get one of the new tat's. But I'm sure I won't enjoy it as much as the ZLN SV!!
I'm just sitting back smiling thinking about blowout prices on the Zillion SV TW, much like they did the Zillion TWS... would be so clutch to get a new in box SV TW for like $175

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:29 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:

I'm just sitting back smiling thinking about blowout prices on the Zillion SV TW, much like they did the Zillion TWS... would be so clutch to get a new in box SV TW for like $175
I don't think I could resist buying another one. I was thrilled with the $225 deal I got on an open box one from ebay the first month it came out.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Zillion SV TW. The spool and magnet combo is pretty much perfection IMO with 30lb 8 carrier braid. It is lightish and smooth a just works great for everything. I can see how the mag dial could rub some peoples' fingers the wrong way, but I don't touch it the way I palm.

I have a Tat TypeR HS that is similarly good. I have a DIY spool in it and use it to throw 1/8-3/8 oz smaller baits. So much fun to fish with.

Hopefully the new Tat uses spools that interchange with one of the CT framed reels.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:26 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:

I don't think I could resist buying another one. I was thrilled with the $225 deal I got on an open box one from ebay the first month it came out.

I have nothing but good things to say about the Zillion SV TW. The spool and magnet combo is pretty much perfection IMO with 30lb 8 carrier braid. It is lightish and smooth a just works great for everything. I can see how the mag dial could rub some peoples' fingers the wrong way, but I don't touch it the way I palm.

I have a Tat TypeR HS that is similarly good. I have a DIY spool in it and use it to throw 1/8-3/8 oz smaller baits. So much fun to fish with.

Hopefully the new Tat uses spools that interchange with one of the CT framed reels.
Is your DIY spool in the old big sized Tat or CT Tatula??? I have thought about one for my old Type R...

IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by IlliniDawg01 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
IlliniDawg01 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote:

Is your DIY spool in the old big sized Tat or CT Tatula??? I have thought about one for my old Type R...
It is a CT size. I always forget to add that. The OGs were just a bit too big for me. I haven't used a DIY in an OG Tat. If you like the reel though, I'm certain the DIY will add some casting benefits. They are noisy spools though if that sort of thing bothers you.

DaveJ

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:33 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
IlliniDawg01 wrote:
DirtyD64 wrote:
jjbassnforfun wrote: Gosh I hope they don't off the ZLN SV. I really enjoy the 3 I have!! I may get one of the new tat's. But I'm sure I won't enjoy it as much as the ZLN SV!!

It is a CT size. I always forget to add that. The OGs were just a bit too big for me. I haven't used a DIY in an OG Tat. If you like the reel though, I'm certain the DIY will add some casting benefits. They are noisy spools though if that sort of thing bothers you.

DaveJ
I agree with the "noise". I did a BFS review for the Zillion TWS and it to this day is raspy when casting or retrieving quickly.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:50 pm

The Tatula 100 is on the Daiwa site along with a new video with clearer shots of the reel.

Looks like the paint is a satin finish rather than a matte black. It looks almost Steez like in this pic.

The palming plate looks flatter in shape and not curved like the Steez.