Bantam MGL reviews?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
WEBBY005383
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Bantam MGL reviews?

Post by WEBBY005383 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:16 am

anyone here have a steez a and has insight on pros and cons of bantam vs steez a?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:01 pm

WEBBY005383 wrote:anyone here have a steez a and has insight on pros and cons of bantam vs steez a?
Haven't ever fished the Bantam MGL, could tell ypu.plenty on the Steez A though. Probably depends on rod matched with it and techniques fished. The Steez A is nice for me.due to spool swaps and balanced better on finesse rods.

PBP
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PBP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:47 pm

how about advertised increased sensitivity of this reel due to solid body design?
Anyone feels it really helps to feel more, especially compared to magnesium reels?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:34 pm

What I can tell you about the bantam is this.

It is exactly what I wanted when I said a low profile Daiwa Z. It’s the Z just in a lower profile and without any plastic.
I REALLY think Shimano did their home work with this one. It cast effortlessly and I have mine mounted on my 7’4” st. Croix rod
for jigs. It IS PERFECTION PERSONIFIED. I have read many negative reviews on the bantam Especially about its weight. But when
I looked at the numbers it was relatively the same as the OG zillion. Better handle and better casting. Just fluid. Not many reels
that I have owned and said that I’m not sending it to Ian for tuning but my Antares with micro module gears and this reel takes
The cake. I set out to find its flaws and I’m still looking. A phenomenal reel that sits in the midst of my Daiwa Z’s
I was considering selling the Z’s in favor of the bantam. It’s that good. At least the one I have.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

floriduhfish
Angler
Angler

Post by floriduhfish » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:09 am

I love mine and have it paired with a steez frog rod. The only flaw is the spool needs to be able to hold more line. I have 50lb on my bantam and cast it down to the knot a lot. Its an amazing reel