Spinning Reel Daiwa Ballistic LT made in Japan....

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Spinning Reel Daiwa Ballistic LT made in Japan....

Post by karirick » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:51 am

wirinhar wrote:Hi Guys,

Just to share the newest Ballistic LT that is made in Japan and it is less than USD200.

For those who love the spinning reel made in Japan with a reasonable price and this might be the right choice.

bjap.jpg

I will get one of these soon.

Regards,
WW
Where did you order that from? I love MIJ reels; it's all I have and will ever have if able.

Rick

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:30 am

Looks like it is made for the east Asia market. Only place I can find one. Expect some sketchy website.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-DAIWA-BAL ... Swa29b2tHg

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:21 am

karirick wrote:

Just to share the newest Ballistic LT that is made in Japan and it is less than USD200.

For those who love the spinning reel made in Japan with a reasonable price and this might be the right choice.

bjap.jpg

Regards,
WW
Where did you order that from? I love MIJ reels; it's all I have and will ever have if able.

Rick
Hi Rick,

I get it from my local tackle shop in Malaysia. the first batch was sold out.... it is coming another month or two.

I was going for 1000 since I have had Exit2500LT..... but decide to go for 2000 instead..... cause It is so small and smaller than 2500 but it will load more lines than the Exist2500LT :).... But only one thing i just don't like is the gold cold trim and handle though.
vsbe.jpg
vsbe.jpg (269.3 KiB) Viewed 9641 times
vsbe1.jpg
vsbe1.jpg (267.79 KiB) Viewed 9641 times
Regards,
WW

AlgonquinFan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by AlgonquinFan » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:56 pm

Well then, I stand corrected! Nice reel.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:23 am

wirinhar wrote:
karirick wrote:

bjap.jpg

Regards,
WW

Rick
Hi Rick,

I get it from my local tackle shop in Malaysia. the first batch was sold out.... it is coming another month or two.

I was going for 1000 since I have had Exit2500LT..... but decide to go for 2000 instead..... cause It is so small and smaller than 2500 but it will load more lines than the Exist2500LT :).... But only one thing i just don't like is the gold cold trim and handle though.
vsbe.jpg
vsbe1.jpg
Regards,
WW
Thanks.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:47 am

Just ordered the 2000D from Singapore. Total cost was $228 shipped.

I was extremely excited because on the website it mentioned a 12/1 bearing configuration. I found that neat because there are only a few reels that have that much refinement in Daiwa's lineup.

However, after looking at the pictures and seeing the boxes it appears that it is in fact only 6/1.

Sort of bummed as I thought I was getting Certate level of refinement and mij for cheap. All said, I'm still stoked as I like things no one else has.

wirinhar
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by wirinhar » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:00 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:Just ordered the 2000D from Singapore. Total cost was $228 shipped.

I was extremely excited because on the website it mentioned a 12/1 bearing configuration. I found that neat because there are only a few reels that have that much refinement in Daiwa's lineup.

However, after looking at the pictures and seeing the boxes it appears that it is in fact only 6/1.

Sort of bummed as I thought I was getting Certate level of refinement and mij for cheap. All said, I'm still stoked as I like things no one else has.
I get another one since it is a very good price reel that is made in Japan :)
duo ball.jpg
duo ball.jpg (234.82 KiB) Viewed 9394 times
WW

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:14 am

Just from looking at your pictures. It looks like the made in Japan has a gold handle where as the USA/MIC ones have a black handle. Could be other differences also.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:25 am

Should look great on the original Tatula rod

fishonsc
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fishonsc » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:14 am

RMCatchNrelease wrote:Just ordered the 2000D from Singapore. Total cost was $228 shipped.

For about $75 more you could have got a certate. I would have gone that route.

RMCatchNrelease
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by RMCatchNrelease » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:23 am

fishonsc wrote:

For about $75 more you could have got a certate. I would have gone that route.
I did look into that, but did not see them in the smaller sizes for that price. The 2510 is $340 where I looked. I also prefer the looks and the I vs T knob.