What's next for Daiwa...

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Poisson
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What's next for Daiwa...

Post by Poisson » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:51 pm

I was excited when I saw so many new posts here, what a let down. Can we get this thread back on track?

I'd pick up darn near any variant of the new Tatula 100 frame that doesn't have the spider logo plastered all over it.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:I have literally worked on reels on the kitchen table with wife fussing at me. That's ironic, and I would still trust any reel put together by me. 40 years or 4 years is enough to fix the machines we all enjoy so much. And for the democratic thing, that was strange... I am a free thinking rationalist in the South (rare), but I would assume it is the other side who can't have any other answers. Hell down here people don't even believe science still. Kinda scary actually, almost got attacked at a tournament once for explaining grouper/bass and walleye/sauger evolution. So yeah I don't think it's quite fair to go after democrats, come see our republicans down here.

To say Daiwa trusts a single spring is such a weak argument, that's like saying Shimano trusts 4 plastic pins. Both systems work and you adjust both systems. You even have to adjust DC reels. I feel like all of this training you talk about is equivalent to reading backs of boxes for years.
I was thinking the same thing, and although politics are irrelevant here, try spending some time in Oklahoma. It's like ](*,) , much like most of this thread.
This is the way.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Poisson wrote:I was excited when I saw so many new posts here, what a let down. Can we get this thread back on track?

I'd pick up darn near any variant of the new Tatula 100 frame that doesn't have the spider logo plastered all over it.
I just can't get into any of the new Tatulas because of that plastic side plate. I'm fine with Zaion, I feel all the benefits are there, at least for the way I fish. I haven't had any issues with it from the T3 to Ballistic EX to the ss sv, zillion tws/sv, and sv105. They seem perfectly rigid to me and much lighter than their aluminum clad counterparts, even if they don't feel as solid because of the difference in damping between the materials. I really can't comment because I've never done more with a CT framed Tatula than hold it in the store, but they definitely don't inspire confidence to me. I also don't ever want to see a Zaion framed reel ever again. I'm alright with my T3, it's served me well, but if they do make a bfs reel more accessible, it's going out the door. It's just hard to give up Magforce 3D+TW+SV.
This is the way.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:25 pm

Poisson wrote:I was excited when I saw so many new posts here, what a let down. Can we get this thread back on track?

I totally agree with your 1st comment, 2nd comment, and 4th. Yes a lot of ... is a total let down. That's why not many take it seriously- infotainment. lots of preaching to the choir.
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by SSS » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:51 pm

ShimanoFan must be THE REEL TEST from youtube :laugh1:

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:22 pm

I don't think they're doing it to save weight. They're doing it to save money. Maybe they'll hold up just as well, I don't know. Still can't get on board with it.
This is the way.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:33 pm

SSS wrote:ShimanoFan must be THE REEL TEST from youtube :laugh1:
No, that's Bootytrain.

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:35 pm

yep
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

timinmo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by timinmo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:13 pm

This has went downhill since the start.

I hope Daiwa introduces a 50 size Royga. I think the chances are slim. Secondly I wish for Tatulas without the spider logo like everyone else. I am assuming that we will see a 100 with an SV spool, so I won't wish for that. Not a reel but wish they would bring some of their cool rods stateside.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 pm

The funny thing with the Tatula is that they really did a number with the SV variant, and then went backwards IMO. Yes, the spider logo overkill is quite ridiculous. Almost as bad as Shimanos 2pc thumb bar. ](*,) and plastic levelwind systems. :doh:
<")))><{

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 pm

LowRange wrote:
SSS wrote:ShimanoFan must be THE REEL TEST from youtube :laugh1:
No, that's Bootytrain.
They would be like the movie Step Brothers. :lol:
<")))><{

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:52 pm

I actually had to look that up. :?:

Old saying you can not fix ummmm well whatever the issue is, but you sure can sell them a...
Last edited by ShimanoFan on Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:53 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:The funny thing with the Tatula is that they really did a number with the SV variant, and then went backwards IMO. Yes, the spider logo overkill is quite ridiculous. Almost as bad as Shimanos 2pc thumb bar. ](*,) and plastic levelwind systems. :doh:
Yeah, I don't like the idea of a plastic worm gear, either. Ceramic might be cool. I put a ceramic pawl in my pro rocket and you can definitely tell a difference casting and retrieving.
This is the way.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:18 pm

poisonokie wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:The funny thing with the Tatula is that they really did a number with the SV variant, and then went backwards IMO. Yes, the spider logo overkill is quite ridiculous. Almost as bad as Shimanos 2pc thumb bar. ](*,) and plastic levelwind systems. :doh:
Yeah, I don't like the idea of a plastic worm gear, either. Ceramic might be cool. I put a ceramic pawl in my pro rocket and you can definitely tell a difference casting and retrieving.
Funny. I had a guy that swore up and down the pawl in the Shimanos were not plastic. Even told me a Shimano rep told him that it was ceramic. I told him to hit it with a hammer and see what happens. Well, he never got back to me on that. Lol. Then he realized that I was right in my findings that it was plastic, and admitted it being plastic. Man, he went on and on about Shimano using superior products and materials that wasnt even the right material. I wonder what happened to that ShimanoFan boy? 8-)
<")))><{

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:28 pm

I don't recall that one??? Was it anything like the time that midget slathered on the gears enough grease to do 10 reels - no, a battleship, yeah that's it -enough of the slimy green goo to do a battleship squeezing out all over the place to sling around inside the reel and get on the drag washers? :-k There, that's a service job! All Aboard the bootytrain! We know who likes the grease don't we! :^o :shock: ;) lol