New Tatula100

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
FishingwithBranden
Angler
Angler

Re: New Tatula100

Post by FishingwithBranden » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:05 pm

daiwafan wrote:This new version was released at the Classic today. I was told only a couple 1000 of these to be made. Guys at the Tackle Trap have them for sale at Expo.
I grabbed one from them. 3,000 total being made.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: New Tatula100

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:24 pm

I went to my local Bass Pro and got a chance to palm the new 100. It is compact and good palming reel. There was an SLX right next to it and they were similar in size. It considerably more compact than the CT. The aesthetics are a little funky though. I miss the color coded mag dials and glossy paint of the CT. It could stand to benefit from a few cosmetic tweaks IMO. Smoothness seemed on par with the cheaper SLX but it was a little less refined feeling in that without any load on the spool you could feel the spool pin rattle around in the pinion yoke when turning the handle. It is more hollow than the CT and aluminum side plate old Tatula 100. The new knobs are a little on the thin side too. The chunkier version of these knobs might deaden out some of the hollowness and give it a more refined feel too. I would be interested in a higher end SV version of the reel at some point as long as it is more refined feeling and looking.