New Tatula100

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: New Tatula100

Postby johnD » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:23 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
johnD wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:
poisonokie wrote:
LgMouthGambler wrote:I will say this about the new 100 compared to my CT SV. The new 100 feels more plasticy in the hand. It kinda feels to me how the OG Steez did in the hand. Even though they were the high end models, it just seemed weird. I really just need to get it out and cast it with some baits. I spooled it with the 40lb J Braid x8 Grand.

That's the same thing people said about the SS SV and T3. What are the Tat 100 gears made of?

Brass. The feeling is due to the plastic sideplates. Its got a "cheap" feeling to it. Not $100 Doyo cheap, but for a Daiwa, it is. Really I cant complain much since I managed to get it for a great price. I personally prefer the "feel" of the CT SV better. If you follow me on Instagram, you will see the breakdown.

Yo Bro , I hit ya up IG. I wanna see this reel , lol.

Go to UB. I did a teardown on it. Oh, and have since sold it,. :lol:

I found it.

trevor60
Angler
Angler

Postby trevor60 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 am

Good Evening

have you seen the latest video from Brent Erhler... I like they way he break down lakes and fishes so i do pay attention to his equipment choices and he fishes 200+ days a year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7HWMNPEM20

He is switching to the tatula 100 as his work horse reel over the steez A tw he did fish the steez allot last year. I know sponsorship means you need to move forward with current models but a $450 reel to a $159 reel seems to be a huge change. He talks about it being compact and connected (sensitive). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-KvdUKjD6Q

Does anyone have both care to share your thoughts.
Does the Tatula 100 gears fit in the Steez A TW.

Trevor

Aquaftm45
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Aquaftm45 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:43 am

trevor60 wrote:He is switching to the tatula 100 as his work horse reel over the steez A tw...

Trevor

He drew the short straw.

Return to “Reels”