Tatula SV vs. Zillion SV

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula SV vs. Zillion SV

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:30 am

I got both of mine for less than $200 new. I just watched the auction site like a hawk and waited for promos.

I really want one of the 9.1's for my skipping rod. That'll probably be the next thing.
This is the way.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:08 am

poisonokie wrote:I got both of mine for less than $200 new. I just watched the auction site like a hawk and waited for promos.

I really want one of the 9.1's for my skipping rod. That'll probably be the next thing.
My buddy I believe still has 3 of the 9s that he is looking to sell for a very good price.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:09 am

Does this mean that a new Zillion may be in the mix since prices seem to be dropping on the current model?

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Big-Bass wrote:
poisonokie wrote:I got both of mine for less than $200 new. I just watched the auction site like a hawk and waited for promos.

My buddy I believe still has 3 of the 9s that he is looking to sell for a very good price.
Lefties? If they're lefties hit me up.
This is the way.

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:56 pm

Oh man...they are righties!

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 pm

Oh, the HUMANITY!
This is the way.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:08 am

Where are these SV103 right handers lurking??? Lefted handed fisherman searching for a right handed reel (as always) here...

Would love to see if they could bring back the original Zillion frame and update it fully...

I would still be fine with the Steez A/Tatula 100 style variant Zillion 100. Same spool would be fine, 7 and 8 gear ratios, something else cool, who knows. I will have 3 generations of Zillions if they release another, I even still enjoy the original Zillion TWS reels for heavier duty applications...

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:42 am

All I wanna know is where were all you SV103 groupies when I was selling mine a few months ago - Had 5 or 5 LH mint with bearing and LW upgrades etc and I had to practically give them away :doh:

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:52 am

Groupie here...don't know if I can handle anymore...I am at 11 now...6XS and 5H. :lol: :big grin:

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:56 am

78Staff wrote:All I wanna know is where were all you SV103 groupies when I was selling mine a few months ago - Had 5 or 5 LH mint with bearing and LW upgrades etc and I had to practically give them away :doh:
If they were RH, I am sure I would have been interested. I love that frame. Aside from the SV103s, I have TDZs in many varieties (103, 105, custom, R, R+, Ito), Air Metal TDX reels, OG Zillions (regular, anniversary, and J-Dream) OG Fuegos, and Megabass IP reels to go with the body style. Then there is the Alphas/SV105/Sol platform that I love. LOL

Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Big-Bass » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:57 am

DirtyD64 wrote:Where are these SV103 right handers lurking??? Lefted handed fisherman searching for a right handed reel (as always) here...

Would love to see if they could bring back the original Zillion frame and update it fully...

I would still be fine with the Steez A/Tatula 100 style variant Zillion 100. Same spool would be fine, 7 and 8 gear ratios, something else cool, who knows. I will have 3 generations of Zillions if they release another, I even still enjoy the original Zillion TWS reels for heavier duty applications...
I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow at some time bring the TD-Z frame back. I mean, this year they are reintroducing the Alphas in a 70 model. That frame has been around since 2004.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:07 am

Big-Bass wrote:
78Staff wrote:All I wanna know is where were all you SV103 groupies when I was selling mine a few months ago - Had 5 or 5 LH mint with bearing and LW upgrades etc and I had to practically give them away :doh:
If they were RH, I am sure I would have been interested. I love that frame. Aside from the SV103s, I have TDZs in many varieties (103, 105, custom, R, R+, Ito), Air Metal TDX reels, OG Zillions (regular, anniversary, and J-Dream) OG Fuegos, and Megabass IP reels to go with the body style. Then there is the Alphas/SV105/Sol platform that I love. LOL
Yeah I still have several OG Steez, some TD-Z's, a Personal Order even, but have been picking up some of the newer Steez models. The SV103's were fine reels, but on the heavy side, especially comparing to the 5-6oz Steez's - I also sold a few J-Dreams for the same reason - now those were some fine a$$ reels :). Just an effort to lighten up in general across the board for me is the only reason I sold off most of my big 36mm frames.