Lew Childre BB1N and BB1NG worth

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Lew Childre BB1N and BB1NG worth

Post by Big-Bass » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:33 pm

I was able to acquire a few of these reels. Two BB1N and two BB1NG that were made by Ryobi. These were before Browning and Quantum owned them...right after Lew Childre pulled production from Shimano to Ryobi in Japan. These models do not have the disengaging button on top and are in pretty decent shape. I am sure they could use a thorough cleaning but for the most part are solid. And they cast GREAT! I know David Fritts swore by these reels for many, many years. Any idea if I sold a few of them (don't need all four) what a reasonable and fair asking price would be. Thanks and best wishes on the water!

md11hog
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Lew Childre BB1N and BB1NG worth

Post by md11hog » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:18 pm

I've owned 2 since new and value them at about 60 bucks. You can go to eBay and search for them. Then on the left hand side of the page, check completed auctions. It will list what they have been selling for. I love how smooth they are. I just hate fishing that slow gear ratio and gave one away to a close friend whose Dad fished with them.