Chronarch MGL interesting story

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Chronarch MGL interesting story

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 am

bronzebacks wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am
I have 2 chronarch mgls a hg and xg and to me they're just as good as my metainum mgl hg. Now i got a bantam hg and feel all 3 are in the same league. My chronarch hg has been used for traps and spinnerbaits and is just as smooth as when i first got her
Same here, my Chronarch MGL feels great... I don't fish nearly as much as some do on here, but for the 1-2 times a week I fish, it is holding up very well. Have you used you Bantam MGL much? I would like to know more about this supposed difference in casting distance, was a reel I wanted to try very badly after enjoying my first Shimano (Chronarch MGL)...

bronzebacks
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Chronarch MGL interesting story

Post by bronzebacks » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:35 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:29 am
bronzebacks wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:49 am
I have 2 chronarch mgls a hg and xg and to me they're just as good as my metainum mgl hg. Now i got a bantam hg and feel all 3 are in the same league. My chronarch hg has been used for traps and spinnerbaits and is just as smooth as when i first got her
Same here, my Chronarch MGL feels great... I don't fish nearly as much as some do on here, but for the 1-2 times a week I fish, it is holding up very well. Have you used you Bantam MGL much? I would like to know more about this supposed difference in casting distance, was a reel I wanted to try very badly after enjoying my first Shimano (Chronarch MGL)...
Sorry im just seeing this. But since then i have added a another bantam. I use them mostly for moving baits like traps, chatterbaits, paddle tails and spinner baits. They are holding up great and feel just as good as when they were new if not better. I believe its my favorite shimano reel. I can bomb baits on the bantam almost to far for a good hookset. I learned to be careful with the mgl spool when removing because i droped one on my tile floor and it bent it so bad i need a new spool