Tatula CT/SV bearing retainer

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tatula CT/SV bearing retainer

Post by Slazmo » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:15 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:13 pm
Ugh, Spool Speed junk bearings. Lol.
Never a dull laugh when I see those vids of a cinder block tied to the end of the line cast with the wind seeing the spool empty and praise to "Spool Speed Bearings"...

poisonokie
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by poisonokie » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:45 pm

QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:18 pm
QUAKEnSHAKE wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:58 pm
LgMouthGambler wrote:
If you have it smooshed against the bearing, there is a possibility. Try taking it out and flattening it, and try it out again. More than likely a bad bearing though. That's my thought.
poisonokie wrote:
Try greasing the spool shaft ends before you do anything else.
Thanks will try grease first
Grease didnt work :( , on to switching bearings [-o<
Bummer. If it's this constant, godawful, fingernails-on-a-chalkboard like screech on every cast, I've had the same issue, but I never figured out what the problem was. That happened to two different Lexa 100's I had and after messing around with it I finally just gave up and sent it back. I'm pretty sure both times it happened after the clutch re-engaged in the middle of a cast, so thinking back, I wonder if the spool pin got bent or dislodged...
This is the way.

johnD
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by johnD » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:25 am

Well , they finally went back to the clip for the Elites.